Uploader for multiple galleries?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited March 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Are there any uploaders for the PC (besides StarExplorer) that can upload to multiple galleries in one unattended upload session? I need to upload a bunch of photos across multiple galleries and want to start it before I go to bed and have it complete all uploads across several galleries overnight.

I've used StarExplorer for this before and it works fine for that, but it's licensed only for a certain Smugmug account and I need to do this for a different account (an account we have for the local boy scout troop) that StarExplorer won't work on so I'm looking for a different alternative.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Are there any uploaders for the PC (besides StarExplorer) that can upload to multiple galleries in one unattended upload session? I need to upload a bunch of photos across multiple galleries and want to start it before I go to bed and have it complete all uploads across several galleries overnight.

I've used StarExplorer for this before and it works fine for that, but it's licensed only for a certain Smugmug account and I need to do this for a different account (an account we have for the local boy scout troop) that StarExplorer won't work on so I'm looking for a different alternative.
    SmugBrowser will do that.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47484
    Features include..
    - Creating/Updating/Deleting Albums.
    - Unlimited photo uploading.
    - Customize galleries in BULK at Account, Category or Subcategory levels.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    jfriend wrote:

I've modified KomodoDrop to do exactly that for my own needs. If you want to give it a whirl shoot me a PM with an email address that can accept attachments around 1.5MB.

Just as a quick check, the way my tweaked version works is to upload to one category/subcategory, the multiple galleries are automagically named from the local folder names.

For example, you have the following already set up on your hard drive:

SmugMug
    SmugMug\Pics1
    SmugMug\Pics2
    SmugMug\Extras

Select directory SmugMug, pick the category and subcategory (plus other options) and when you're finished you will have three new galleries named Pics1, Pics2 and Extras.

Its still kind of "beta", but since KomodoDrop is freeware its not tied to a specific email address.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    SmugBrowser will do that.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47484
    Features include..
    - Creating/Updating/Deleting Albums.
    - Unlimited photo uploading.
    - Customize galleries in BULK at Account, Category or Subcategory levels.

Do you know if SmugBrowser starts all the separate gallery uploads at once and just does them all in parallel, but slowly because my upload bandwidth is limited? Or can it do one gallery, then the next, then the next, etc...? If it does them all at once, I'm worried that I'll hit timeouts because things are going so slowly due to my 384kbps upload speed. StarExplorer does no more than two images at a time so each can proceed at a relatively normal pace with minimal chance for timeouts.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question