Reaching skyward

bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
edited March 3, 2008 in Landscapes
Trees at Slater Park, Pawtucket, RI. Thoughts, feedback & suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking!

Slater-Park-07.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    I like this in BW. When I'm in a grove of trees I always get this alone feeling and with this photo I got that feeling :D

There are two little white dots on the first dark tree on the left. I would probably take those out. I'm not a person who removes things as I like it to look the way I see it, but when I look at the photo as a whole my eyes always pick up on those two dots headscratch.gif
  • RNDRNDRNDRND Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Nice photo, and nice conversion to B&W.
    RND
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Ooh! Yes, nice but you could improve it, I think... can you bring out more detail in the trunks in the foreground CL? A little more contrast, a little more sharpness? A wider frame? And move your text from its dominating position C (like a barrier banning access to the trees) and use gray lettering (the assertive white letters compete with the delicate white in the image)?

What I like most about it, and very much, is how the high small branches make a lacework pattern over the sky. And that reminds me of the ribbing in the ceilings of gothic cathedrals.

Thanks.
    Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Thanks for the comments & suggestions everyone. :)