Maternity Session Help....fabric wrap??

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited March 4, 2008 in People
For those that have done maternity sessions where you have wrapped mom in different fabrics....what fabrics would you recommend?

I have three sessions coming up in the next three weeks...would like to go get the right kind of fabrics to have available.

Thanks!
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 4, 2008
    Shudderz wrote:
    For those that have done maternity sessions where you have wrapped mom in different fabrics....what fabrics would you recommend?

I have three sessions coming up in the next three weeks...would like to go get the right kind of fabrics to have available.

Thanks!

Bump (pun purely intentional)
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Do you have a JoAnns around your area? They carry these fabrics you use for drapes. They're the clear, see through things similar to something you would use to cover your bed to avoid misquito bites. I forget the exact name of the darn thing, but you can even check Walmart, they carry that kind of stuff, just not as much selection.

But pink, red, blue, violet, or any hard colors work great. White will work great, black in my opinion isnt very 'nursery' type, so I would avoid it. (its the only good foto i can find though ;p)

0100%2520black%2520chiffon.jpg

Good luck!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Bump (pun purely intentional)
    lol3.gif
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    thanks for the bump and suggestions. I have a sitting tonight, so I guess I'm off to explore the fabric store.

I would still love to hear other fabric ideas, I know not everything I've seen are the see through materials.....
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    I recommend satin. It drapes well and has a quality about the fabric that is very photography friendly
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11