Uploading Images with Logos

justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited March 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I feel like I'm on the bottom of the food chain here, but I am having a hard time grasping how to add my logo once pictures are purchased. I am comfortable with my logo brush, etc but my question is:

When a photo is ordered, since I upload based on multiple size orders, how do I know if my logo will appear to scale on each purchased photo?

For example, If a client orders a 4 x 6 and an 11 x 14 of the same print, I then re-upload the photo after the order, adding the logo. How do you know if the logo will appear to scale on both photos, since the upload needs to be big enough to facilitiate both the 11 x 14 and the smaller print?

Hope I'm not being too confusing, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this one....:scratch
Linda
Justus Photography
www.lindasherrill.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    justus wrote:
    I feel like I'm on the bottom of the food chain here, but I am having a hard time grasping how to add my logo once pictures are purchased. I am comfortable with my logo brush, etc but my question is:

When a photo is ordered, since I upload based on multiple size orders, how do I know if my logo will appear to scale on each purchased photo?

For example, If a client orders a 4 x 6 and an 11 x 14 of the same print, I then re-upload the photo after the order, adding the logo. How do you know if the logo will appear to scale on both photos, since the upload needs to be big enough to facilitiate both the 11 x 14 and the smaller print?

Hope I'm not being too confusing, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this one....headscratch.gif
    Are you confusing the logo with the watermark? Watermarks do not get
    printed, they only show on the display photos.

Your logo is part of the jpg if you're adding it before upload and however it
    looks will be printed.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Adding Logo to purchased photos
    Thanks. I think I'll try uploading a few photos, then order a couple different sized photos to test. I guess I'm trying to analyze too much. You're saying if I add my logo prior to any uploads, that it will appear as such on any sized photo a client orders? I guess I was just questioning that since the size of my uploaded photos is large enough to incorporate a large mounted canvas sized photo, but clients could also just order a 5 x 7 for example.

Sorry for sounding like a newbie, but I did just switch to digital and am still in a learning curve!
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Well I think you have a valid point. SmugMug has an issue that you can't replace a single photo with multiple versions when someone orders multiple sizes of the same photo.

If you wanted to add a signature to your prints, scaled appropriately for the size ordered, you can only get it right for one size.

I'd rather be able to use the proof feature to tell smugmug what picture to use for each item in the order (even if multiple items are the same photo in different sizes). I don't necessarily want to replace the original photo I uploaded with the version I'd like to send to that customer.

Dave
    edited March 4, 2008
    Logo
    That was my original concern. The only way I can think of to get the logo to scale for each photo ordered is to upload one at a time, as they are ordered, which is not effective. If someone orders an 11 x 14 and a 4 x 6, I can't upload two photos to accomodate the orders.

This can't be rocket science....now I'm really confused!headscratch.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
    edited March 4, 2008
    Logo
    To answer the original reply, no I'm not confusing watermarks with logos. I have had NUMEROUS prints used in advertising in a local magazine, and the custom is in horse photos that the photographer's logo identifies the photographer in cases where photo credit isn't given. I'm just wanting to show my logo on ordered photos, which is standard in the horse photo world.
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com