Options

SOLD: Smith-Victor KF3U umbrella flash kit

CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited March 5, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
SOLDSOLDSOLDSOLD

If you are a beginner photographer, or an experienced one who needs a good, dependable thrifty umbrella flash set up, this is a great choice. It has everything you need (except the camera of course) to take studio quality photos. It's lightweight and sets up right out of the box in about 10 minutes. Want to get some great shots of your family and friends, this is what you need. This Smith-Victor KF3U flash kit includes:

* Three (3) Flash Light 45i AC Slave/Master Flash Units
* Two (2) Synch Cords
* Two (2) 33" Black-Backed White Umbrellas
* Three (3) Umbrella Light Mounts
* Three (3) 8 foot Black Raven RS8 Aluminum Light Stands
* One (1) Corrugated Carrying Case

Online link for this product in case you want to see a photo:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=121855&is=REG

I'm also throwing in the PC adapter that fits on the hot shoe if your camera is like a rebel or an xti and doesn't have one built in. This was purchased separately for around $35 and was not included with the light kit. The kit works well for portraiture. It's only been used occasionally for a year or so. No damage that I am aware of. It works perfectly and provides excellent lighting.

I'm asking $150 (firm) plus $15 for shipping. Or.....trade straight across for a Canon 430EX flash in GOOD shape. If you live in the PA/NJ area we might be able to do the deal in person.
I use only Canon cameras and glass
www.portraitwhisperer.com

Comments

• Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Sounds interesting to me. However, the link doesn't work - looks like it got reformatted on your copy paste.ne_nau.gif

Also, what are those extra buttons?headscratch.gif

You wan to trade for a 430, I already have a 580ex2 - would this setup do me any good? Why do you want to trade for the 430?

I ask because I'm very very very new to lighting.
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 3, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    must have been cross-posted from another forum and came along for the ride.

I've removed them thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 3, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Sounds interesting to me. However, the link doesn't work - looks like it got reformatted on your copy paste.ne_nau.gif

You wan to trade for a 430, I already have a 580ex2 - would this setup do me any good? Why do you want to trade for the 430?

I ask because I'm very very very new to lighting.

Hiya darkdragon.....it all depends upon what type of photography you want to do. While your 580ex would be a great all around flash for outside a studio environment, the kit I am selling works great if you wanted to do some indoors shots/portraits with backdrops etc. It gives you a way to sculpt the light around the subject, rather than simply have one source such as your 580. The umbrellas soften or diffuse the flash, and allow you to do all sorts of cool shadow and lighting effects.
  • Options
    crmitchecrmitche Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    PM sent.
    http://craigm.smugmug.com/

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do." Walt Disney
  • Options
    S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Whats the power source on these? Do they use AA Batteries like a 430 or do you have to plug them into a wall, or do they need power packs?
    Sam
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2008
    S-Man wrote:
    Whats the power source on these? Do they use AA Batteries like a 430 or do you have to plug them into a wall, or do they need power packs?

These are ac powered. Plug right into the wall outlet. A quick visit to the link I provided above should show you a photo and the details.
  • Options
    GazrussGazruss Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Interested
    P.M Sent Also