Options

Keepsake Box on Smugmug

TJcajunTJcajun Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited March 8, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I see that Smugmug is now offering a Keepsake Box:
http://www.smugmug.com/prints/keepsake-box

I have tried to make this available in a gallery, but cannot get it to show up for customers. I can see it when I log in, and I view the gallery and go to "photo tools" and then to "custom pro pricing". I have added it to my portfolio price list, and to my specific prices for this gallery, but the Keepsake Box does not show up under the Merchandise tab as a "photo gift" item.

My gallery that I am trying to add this to is:
http://tinyurl.com/2c3dy8

I've tried searching for other messages about the Keepsake Box, but I haven't found anything. Any help, links to more information, etc. would be most helpful and appreciated!

Thanks!
T.J.
TJCajun in Louisiana

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Hi, it's not available yet. I'm sorry. Putting the page up was a bit premature.

Updates soon!
  • Options
    LUCKYSHOTLUCKYSHOT Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, it's not available yet. I'm sorry. Putting the page up was a bit premature.

Updates soon!
    Andy
    Is there any chance you guys could ask EZ Prints to offer more in terms of photo products, I shoot mostly sports and I would love to be able to offer sport Magazine covers, trading cards, Etc. I am having preety good luck with sales of prints but my customers keep asking me for these
    Thanks
    Chris
    www.longislandimage.smugmug.com
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    :whip

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    I'll second the "baseball cards" and magazine covers :)

Yeah, I can do it myself, but, that's just too much effort on my part. I'd rather pay SM and EZprints to do it and fulfill the jobs for me :)

David
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Working on more products thumb.gif
  • Options
    photographzphotographz Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    I haven't created an acocunt yet as I am "shopping" through a variety of sites to decide where I want to spend my money. I am leaning heavely towards smugmug however, due to the variety of products while still keeping an "art" focus (unlike some other PODS I won't name). I do have an account on one of the "others" however, and this leads me to ask-do you have to resize your images for the various things like mousepads and keepsake boxes, or is it autocropped somehow? I ask because the "other" POD requires a variety of sizes be created/uploaded for different products-which of course, requires a lot more time. I've done ok there, but want to expand my "realm" into more art/photography focused sites to reach buyer looking for what I'm selling (more of a niche than a walmart approach). I like the gallery look, but am also wondering if the customer can also view the item they will receive (can they see what the keepsake box will look like with the photo they are ordering on it)?
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    I haven't created an acocunt yet as I am "shopping" through a variety of sites to decide where I want to spend my money. I am leaning heavely towards smugmug however, due to the variety of products while still keeping an "art" focus (unlike some other PODS I won't name). I do have an account on one of the "others" however, and this leads me to ask-do you have to resize your images for the various things like mousepads and keepsake boxes, or is it autocropped somehow? I ask because the "other" POD requires a variety of sizes be created/uploaded for different products-which of course, requires a lot more time. I've done ok there, but want to expand my "realm" into more art/photography focused sites to reach buyer looking for what I'm selling (more of a niche than a walmart approach). I like the gallery look, but am also wondering if the customer can also view the item they will receive (can they see what the keepsake box will look like with the photo they are ordering on it)?
    If cropping is required, you do it online, via. checkout. And, with a pro account, you set a delay in the proof, and you can check your clients "crop", and correct it before it's printed. So, only one image needed for any size/crop.

David
  • Options
    photographzphotographz Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2008
    Cool...that is SOOOOO much easier. wings.gif I just uploaded a whole pile of pics in less time than 20 would have taken me "there" because of the need to resize into at least 5 different sizes. Can't wait to see what other items are in store from Smugmug...