Some Portraits of my children

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited March 6, 2008 in People
I experimented in RAW and love how it came out. I am also including some from the most recent shoot with my youngest. I am extremely pleased with how they turned out. First set was done with natural light. I think I used flash with the Easter shots but flash wasn't used the whole time, I don't remember which one was with and which ones without. I am really trying to improve my ability so CC is always welcome.

261692944_fHzHv-L.jpg

261696697_Vu4P4-L.jpg

260476184_7PLFF-L.jpg

261186733_m26iE-L.jpg

260479736_t2oLV-L.jpg

260352663_Z6oss-L.jpg

Comments

• jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    The colors really look great!

These are just too cute of the two of them together. You can see lil sis looking up to big sis here. And I love that they both have their hands under their chin.

For the 2nd set - wow Julie - you are really impressing me with your new camera and the lighting looks great!

Love the last 2 of the polka dot series!!! How adorable! Great lighting.
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 6, 2008
    Very nice. I especially like the expressions in #1 and the last one.

Regards,
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Very nice. I especially like the expressions in #1 and the last one.

Regards,

Thank you for replying. I was beginning to think that my post was destined to go unnoticed.:D

I know how fast these boards can move, I appreciate your comment.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    The first and last ones are my favs. Some great shots.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • thebuschthebusch Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    I really like the last one but the two lower catch lights in each eye bother me a bit.
    Busch

Take the scenic route. Life is too short to do otherwise.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    The first one is really nice thumb.gif. Her skin looks a tad too red to me on the Easter shots, but very nice expressions!
    Chris
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    nice, take advantage of it while you can, mine used to love it when I brought out the camera not all I get is "ARGH!" or 'sigh' whatever dad, get on with it.
    #1 is my fav
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    thebusch wrote:
    I really like the last one but the two lower catch lights in each eye bother me a bit.

Yeah, those are the lights (sun) that came through the windows.