261427952_6Ta2t-L.jpg

261439134_phU4q-L.jpg
hdr
261411688_ZDZCv-L.jpg

261416748_2F33n-L.jpg

Hdr
261412947_8zETg-L.jpg

261419614_5daGP-L.jpg

Tomb of Allama Iqbal who is known as Poet of east he was a pholosopher and i just love him the most respected guy in my eyes you can read one of his verse in my sig

261421658_wvcza-L.jpg

Gate to Grand mosque of the city known as "Badshahi mosque" it was built by king
261423927_n5jKP-L.jpg

Hdr
261414395_XaveU-L.jpg

it was grey light and i was out of time kit lens was screaming to take a break :D all raw
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Wowthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif all great shots #1,#2 #5,#6 really get me and the last I would have to say is my favorite. Definately an structure rich enviroment
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Greats shots Awais, as always. You have a great talent and a wonderful tapestry in your country to photograph. thumb.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    I love the open door but the last one really knocks my socks off!
    bowdown.gif
    (sorry, no "socks knocked off" smiley)
    You rock!
    ylsuper.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    As I scroll through, the shots just keep getting better and better. I absolutely love the last shot... perfect parting view! I wish so much that I can see such beautiful and unique skylines for myself in this lifetime. You are so fortunate to have this around you, and we are so lucky that you are there to share them with us. :D
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Nice set
    Nice set. 2, 3 and 5 work for me and I like the HDR image.
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Awais, you never cease to amaze me.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Awais. Hello young man. How are you ? :D

Your shots are great Awais but I am going to try to give some advices on your photos.

OK. You didn't ask for it but here I go anyway.

In general the photos herewith are good. However, I think you should improve your aesthetical, your crops, your views.

What you have to shoot - this environment - is phenomenal.
    I know what I am talking about because I've been twice in India for a short period of time but enough to get the feeling. OK OK I know you are in Pakistan and you are a nation.

So, you do have huge quality material for a bright start. Take advantage of it.

I would like to suggest that you explore a situation over and over.
    Let's look at the 1.st picture as a random example.

Your crop is too tight, too small. Get a view more from the back, a wider one. Get the hole arc/door/entrance.

Position yourself in many positions and do the shot over and over until you see one that pleases you more than other.
    Lay on the floor, shoot up - not straight up - but angle up.
    Take advantage of the perspective.

Ask your father, mother, sister, brother, friend which photo is more appealing when at the computer.

Don't center the photos so much or, don't use this strategy that often.
    innovate.

In situations like this if you want to make symmetrical photos then it must be a perfect symmetry.

Ask someone to pass under the door way and get him in the picture.
    He will give scale to the photo, he will humanize the scene.

You speak the language, they are your compatriot.

Take advantage of the mirrors under that arc.
    Reflect what ever there is to reflect. I don't care what. Look locally. Try to innovate.
    Try to look and see different things you have not seen before.

Path of the elephants. Can't we have something that evokes the animals and can be placed in the entrance ?

Awais, I don't mean to hurt you or/and your pictures. I want you to improve - even more - your photographic skills.

If I have been rude I am sorry. Even so, I hope this has been of some use.

These are things that not all the people are courageous enough to tell someone about their photography. I don't mind if you say something similar or worst about my pictures. It makes you/me improve our skills, our views.

This is for the good not the bad.

As you know I am no prof and what I wrote is merely a personal opinion.

Now Awais let me kid with you a bit: I want to see 6 shots of that path under different points of view. 3 from one side and 3 from the other side.
    Kind of Nikolai assignments but on the aesthetical side. This is a challenge I make you.

Accepted ? Come on... We are waiting ...

Hey. Still there ? mwink.gif
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    man, you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world...great set! :D
    my favorites are #1,7,last
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Awais,

I agree with Antonio about several of his comments. However, your last shot stunned me. When I scrolled down and revealed the image entirely I stopped everything and starred for moments. THIS IS A GREAT SHOTthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

The other images are snap shots but the last one is a great shotdeal.gif
    edited March 4, 2008
    Awais, ... THIS IS A GREAT SHOTthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif ...The other images are snap shots but the last one is a great shotdeal.gif

15524779-Ti.gifclap:Dthumb.gif

May be not a so tight crop ... more arch ... more frame ...
    The position of the two towers is very well choosen.thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Awais. Hello young man. How are you ? :D

Your shots are great Awais but I am going to try to give some advices on your photos.

OK. You didn't ask for it but here I go anyway.

In general the photos herewith are good. However, I think you should improve your aesthetical, your crops, your views.

What you have to shoot - this environment - is phenomenal.
    I know what I am talking about because I've been twice in India for a short period of time but enough to get the feeling. OK OK I know you are in Pakistan and you are a nation.

I am glad you decided to do that at last clap.gif
    So, you do have huge quality material for a bright start. Take advantage of it.

I would like to suggest that you explore a situation over and over.
    Let's look at the 1.st picture as a random example.

Your crop is too tight, too small. Get a view more from the back, a wider one. Get the hole arc/door/entrance.

Ahan ok i will try to do that next time.
    Position yourself in many positions and do the shot over and over until you see one that pleases you more than other.
    Lay on the floor, shoot up - not straight up - but angle up.
    Take advantage of the perspective.

Yes will do that when i am shooting i never do that i mean shooting from all angles or lay on the floor
    Ask your father, mother, sister, brother, friend which photo is more appealing when at the computer.

Don't center the photos so much or, don't use this strategy that often.
    innovate.

Yes i do ask them but they are always positive. father and mother headscratch.gif
    In situations like this if you want to make symmetrical photos then it must be a perfect symmetry.

Agreed
    Ask someone to pass under the door way and get him in the picture.
    He will give scale to the photo, he will humanize the scene.

You speak the language, they are your compatriot.

Yes i was thinking why i am always waiting for clear place :D
    Take advantage of the mirrors under that arc.
    Reflect what ever there is to reflect. I don't care what. Look locally. Try to innovate.
    Try to look and see different things you have not seen before.

Path of the elephants. Can't we have something that evokes the animals and can be placed in the entrance ?

No no animals these days
    Awais, I don't mean to hurt you or/and your pictures. I want you to improve - even more - your photographic skills.

If I have been rude I am sorry. Even so, I hope this has been of some use.

These are things that not all the people are courageous enough to tell someone about their photography. I don't mind if you say something similar or worst about my pictures. It makes you/me improve our skills, our views.

This is for the good not the bad.

As you know I am no prof and what I wrote is merely a personal opinion.

Honestly speaking i am really surprized this is 1st time in my whole life that somebody did any good for me
    Now Awais let me kid with you a bit: I want to see 6 shots of that path under different points of view. 3 from one side and 3 from the other side.
    Kind of Nikolai assignments but on the aesthetical side. This is a challenge I make you.

I am slave of thing called university :D and not any good architecture is near to my home hence not much practice. And i am trying to get on hands on 17-40L looks like it will be in my hands if things went normal then i will go there clap.gif
    Accepted ? Come on... We are waiting ...

Hey. Still there ? mwink.gif

Yes. Now all of my threads are open for all types of criticizm i really want to be a photographer and this good criticism is very very important
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited March 5, 2008
    clap.gifclapclap.gifD:D:Dthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

I am waiting for those pictures.:D

BUT, don't stop studying. Don't stop studying. (Twice)

:Dthumb.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    That last shot is killer. Great going.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    awais, that last shot is superb!!! i'm becoming a bigger fan every time!

bowdown.gifbow
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Awais...wonderfully beautiful photos :D

Thank - you for posting them so I could enjoy them.
    edited March 6, 2008
    Thank you all :D

My Gallery
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Any of this damaged in the recent bombings?

Stay safe!
    edited March 16, 2008
    Moni wrote:
    Any of this damaged in the recent bombings?

Stay safe!

No, The target of terrorists are Army and Police.

My Gallery
  • Glenn NKGlenn NK Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I would agree with Antonio's comments, but in defence of Awais's images, let me say this:

When one is in such a rich environment that is so photogenic, it is easy to become overwhelmed and fail to see all the possibilities that are available.
    "There is nothing that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man’s lawful prey". John Ruskin 1819 - 1900
    edited March 20, 2008
    Glenn NK wrote:
    When one is in such a rich environment that is so photogenic, it is easy to become overwhelmed and fail to see all the possibilities that are available.

True This is typical with me :D

My Gallery
  • David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    Great shots
    I do enjoy traveling with you. Keep up the good workclap.gifthumb.gifwings.gif !!!!
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!
    edited March 21, 2008
    I do enjoy traveling with you. Keep up the good workclap.gifthumb.gifwings.gif !!!!

Thanks buddy i am glad you enjoy it clap.gif

My Gallery
    edited April 1, 2008
    Glenn NK wrote:
    I would agree with Antonio's comments, but in defence of Awais's images, let me say this:

Excuse me Glenn but I was not "attacking" Awais in some way. Not at all.
    On the contrary. I was trying to make him to improve the pictures of the wonderful place he is living in (in photographic terms).

I agree with you when you say that when one is in such a rich environment that is so photogenic, it is easy to become overwhelmed and fail to see all the possibilities that are available.

However, I feel that Awais can only see a part of his environment because he was born there and he doesn't see what we would as we are used to much different cultural environment.

:D
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    Great set.

I really love the play of shadows in #7. Great exposure and tones.

The last one is super sweet. clap.gif
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Awais, the last one is stunning! clap.gifclapbowdown.gifbowiloveyou.giflust
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]