My credit card is about to expire...

presencepresence Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited March 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've been on SM for about 10 months now and when I log in, I get a message that my credit card is about to expire and that I should update that.

I'm just wondering why SM keeps my credit card details?* SM only needs it once a year. Normally, for security reasons, I opt out of allowing websites to retain my credit card data when I'm given the option.

Also, do SM auto-renew my account when it comes up for renewal?

Finally, I couldnt resist but since you have our credit card details, couldn't you use this info to pay us non-Americans electronically and in Euro etc :D

Thanks,
Presence

* To your credit, this is stated in your privacy policy.

Comments

• Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    I've found that some sites retain that info even if you have no reoccurring charges. Even after being asked to delete it.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    presence wrote:
    I've been on SM for about 10 months now and when I log in, I get a message that my credit card is about to expire and that I should update that.

I'm just wondering why SM keeps my credit card details?* SM only needs it once a year. Normally, for security reasons, I opt out of allowing websites to retain my credit card data when I'm given the option.

Finally, I couldnt resist but since you have our credit card details, couldn't you use this info to pay us non-Americans electronically and in Euro etc :D

Thanks,
    Presence

They keep your credit card information because you signed up for a yearly subscription and they will automatically charge your card on your anniversary. That's just the way they work it.

As for the other questions, you'll probably need someone from Smugmug to answer those.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • albumflipalbumflip Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    I'm up for renewal soon and got this email:
    We thought you'd like to know that xxxxx xxx, 2008 will mark your
    1 year anniversary with smugmug.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    If you'd like to renew your account for another year, you can ignore this email and your credit card will be charged automatically on your anniversary date. Our annual subscription rates are the same as when you first registered, so your card will be charged as follows:
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    presence wrote:

Thanks,
    Presence

Hi Presence, thanks for posting :) The others have answered your questions, and the bit about payment, well, we have heard you and others about this and we'll see what we can do, it's on the list but I can't say when....