Pageant Girl

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited March 9, 2008 in People
This young lady is participating in a local pageant and wanted a collage print for use in her fundraising. I shot her in six different outfits in one hour - yes, she was some kind of quick-change artist:bow - and then I spent about three hours putting it all together in Photoshop Elements.

I'd be interested to know what you all think. Thanks.

BTW - I got $50 for the one-hour studio shoot and I donated a digital file as my contribution to her pageant effort. Her parents have promised to come back later to purchase prints.....

256533646_Lrnaq-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 6, 2008
    Hi James,

I like this. It looks like she is standing in front of a huge billboard of herself. Well done. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Hi James,

I like this. It looks like she is standing in front of a huge billboard of herself. Well done. thumb.gif

Cheers,

Thanks for your comments, Richard.

I don't think I would want a picture like that of myself.... but of course, I don't look like that! She's a very sweet girl and a joy to work with.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    its going to very cool to have that in your portfolio....
    very nice work!
    Aaron Nelson
  • beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif That's exactly what I was thinking, great shot for the portfolio!

Very nice PS work.
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Nicely shot nicely blended for a collage. Good work buddy.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Nice job. My guess is your client will be very happy with the results. thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    At a local arts fair, some people were trying to get parents to order horrible collages of their children doing one of those sports poses that this girl is doing. I thought "who would want that?" They essentially took the one photo and made it into shapes like snowflakes. Tacky!

Now this, especially for a pagent person, is great. -- that is, as long as you know what you are looking at. Otherwise, you might think it is a set of quints that all play different sports! :D
    And very well executed! thumb.gif
    I'm sure she'll find it very useful to her.
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I agree completely with Moni's comment. Once you know what the collage is for its not as creepy as it might be otherwise. It was exactly what they wanted for the pageant.

And to the rest of you: I think I will put it in my portfolio.... with a little explanation. :D

James