New subcategory gets created under "other" category

orinthorinth Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 12, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on it.

This has happened so many times and it is rather annoying. I create a new category and gallery and it places the gallery under the "other" category instead of the new one. Why does it do this??

This is what I'm typing in...

smugmug.png

Comments

• klphotoklphoto Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    orinth wrote:
    I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on it.

This has happened so many times and it is rather annoying. I create a new category and gallery and it places the gallery under the "other" category instead of the new one. Why does it do this??

This is what I'm typing in...

I had the same thing happen to me.
  • orinthorinth Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2008
    Anyone?
  • Tomkirk23Tomkirk23 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Also happened to me...
    Hi -

I had this happen to me a few times (within the last week) when using SmugBrowser to upload photos. I created the galleries with SmugBrowser under the correct category/subcat and uploaded files to them. But when I looked later at SM, the galleries were under "Other"...

Thanks,

Tom Kirkpatrick
    yoursbydesign.smugmug.com
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Hi,

I can see how this is annoying to people. While I was able to replicate this behavior occasionally on the site, I can't get the problem to surface on our test servers. Could you guys provide me with some more specific examples when you had this happening? What gallery / category / subcategory names did you see it happen and also which names didn't seem to produce this issue or where it simply worked.
    Also give me a link to your account so that I can see what account level you're on.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • orinthorinth Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2008
    Hi Sebastian,

As you can see from the original picture, I created a gallery called Small Bathroom in the category House Remodel. The small bathroom gallery was created under "other" and still resides there on my smugmug. But what is weird is you can go to the control panel for subcategories and Small bathroom is listed under House remodel if you were to delete it...

http://chrismartin.smugmug.com/