I finally did it.. my own photo shoot!

atomicjadeatomicjade Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited March 6, 2008 in People
Hey everyone! I finally got around to getting someone ELSE to take pictures of me rather than my screwed up version of self-photography :rofl! I figured I should share, I'd appreciate any comments/critiques on what I could do better as a model. The actual photos themselves please I would appreciate no critiques on those as I did not take them. Credit goes to Nick of XS Photography! Thanks!!

DSC_1661.jpg

DSC_1663.jpg

DSC_1670.jpg

DSC_1687.jpg

DSC_1694.jpg

DSC_1695.jpg

DSC_1712.jpg

And just me making a funny face... lol
DSC_1716.jpg

Once again thanks everyone!

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    I love #2. Good post processing aswell. I also like the ones where you're leaning on your side, maybe they're a hint too soft though ... and #7, wow, what a beach! I think you 2 should definitely go back there again!!

Nice shots! iloveyou.gif
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    For me, too much pout in most of them. More smile or at least bright eyed look would do you good. The stare is too hard for so many shots. At least mix it up.

In that respect I like the last image best. You seem way more natural!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    ^I think I agree. You seem quite photogenic, and looking 'natural' is very important to me. Why not crack a smile and lighten the mood up? It may have been against the photographers wishes, but I think it would work well.

I also agree that for these shots the eyebrows are a little 'hard', and I think they look that way because the post processing (obviously my opinion) went crazy with the blur. I can't see a need to put random places of blur in your hair and all over the blame frame - keep it simple.

You however, make an excellent model. Best of luck in the future!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • atomicjadeatomicjade Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    I literally have like NO eyebrows usually, I didn't think they looked too bad but maybe I'm just used to them headscratch.gif

Thanks for the tips, this was my first time so hopefully with some more experience there will be an improvement!
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Wow! I think you should spend more time in FRONT of the camera. mwink.gif
    (well thats sounds rude, I aint seen any of your pics)
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    I think you should smile more!!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    What was the purpose of the shoot? Did you hire him to photgraph you modeling?
    I like #5 the most followed by #2.
    Hard to critique the modeling without critiquing the photography of it.
    I'd say get more comfortable. You don't have to smile in all of them, but you look tense in a bunch. #3 your shoulders make you look hunchbacked. I think the processing in #7 makes you disappear which is not what I think a model wants to do.
    Go there and do some more! thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Kudos to you for sharing! I really like 1&2...they are very "cape codish" feeling. I agree with Moogle that you should smile more. You are very pretty and smiling would really make your photos pop.

Great series.clap.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • atomicjadeatomicjade Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Thanks a lot everyone, I really appreciate everyone to take their time to help me improve myself =)

This was a TFD shoot btw.