Image Artifacts in Flimstrip Style

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited March 6, 2008 in SmugMug Support
All 4 images are smugmug-created duplicates of images from another gallery. However, the last three images all have artifacts along their edges that were not present when the duplicates were created.

I repeated the process for one of the images and it again created the border artifacts.

The artifacts go away when using an alternative view style such as smugmug.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    That gallery is in critique style, so I can't see it in Filmstrip...
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    That gallery is in critique style, so I can't see it in Filmstrip...

I reset it...I was playing around with oher styles.
    edited March 6, 2008
    Buuuuuuummp.:help
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Hi, I can't replicate this at all. Perhaps something happened on upload or in the copy step.

Can you reupload those four images and see if it repeats?
    edited March 6, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, I can't replicate this at all. Perhaps something happened on upload or in the copy step.

Can you reupload those four images and see if it repeats?
    Well, I did one for testing. Steps taken:
    Minor tweaks in Lightroom. Then in Lightroom, I opened the file in CS2 (settings are 16 bit tiff, adobeRGB). Made a few more minor tweaks and saved the tiff.

In Lightroom again I used the smugmug export to export the image to smugmug. Used jpg, 100% quality, sRGB as the export settings.

In the gallery the image is fine - no edge artifacts.
    1#262670196http://greyleafphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/4413036_8FS3M/1#262670196

I made a second copy of the image in the gallery. I then moved the image to the featured gallery. Artifacts appear on the lower edge. They appear to be an image rendering issue as the artifacts are actually the top of the image.

262673654_HdL9s-M.jpg

When you go to delete the photo the edge artifacts are not there:

262673671_ReSoA-M.jpg
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    RogersDA wrote:
    All 4 images are smugmug-created duplicates of images from another gallery. However, the last three images all have artifacts along their edges that were not present when the duplicates were created.

I repeated the process for one of the images and it again created the border artifacts.

The artifacts go away when using an alternative view style such as smugmug.
    David, I'm looking now for you. It could be related to your great looking images :D Or a issue at this end.
    I'm going to take this over to one of my test sites and try to replicate. I'll yell back.

Edit. So far I wasn't able to replicate. Still trying. David I sent you a link to look at via PM....
    edited March 6, 2008
    David it looks to be css related to the B&W theme causing issues with the image hover border. I found the following helps.
    Add to your css section:

a:hover img.imgBorder, .imgBorderOn {
    padding: 0px;
    background-color: #f3f3f3;
    border-color: #f3f3f3;}

I'll be poking around to see if there is another way....wave.gif
    edited March 6, 2008
    richW wrote:
    David it looks to be css related to the B&W theme causing issues with the image hover border. I found the following helps.
    Add to your css section:

a:hover img.imgBorder, .imgBorderOn {
    padding: 0px;
    background-color: #f3f3f3;
    border-color: #f3f3f3;}

I'll be poking around to see if there is another way....wave.gif

Rich,

That code didn't do it for me (ne_nau.gif) so I set the gallery to default theme and chaged the colors.

Thanks for the help on this.
    edited March 6, 2008
    RogersDA wrote:
    Rich,

That code didn't do it for me (ne_nau.gif) so I set the gallery to default theme and chaged the colors.

Thanks for the help on this.
    You're Welcome....wave.gif
    I was using WebDev and Firefox to test. I was adding to the last page of css so it was over riding any of the other statements. Adding an !important might have helped you. padding: 0px !important;

Anything you need, yell :D
    edited March 6, 2008
    richW wrote:
    You're Welcome....wave.gif
    I was using WebDev and Firefox to test. I was adding to the last page of css so it was over riding any of the other statements. Adding an !important might have helped you. padding: 0px !important;
    Anything you need, yell :D
    That does it!!. thumb.gifthumb
    I'm looking now for you. It could be related to your great looking images :D
    By the way, thanks for the props, too.