Solution to smugmug changing IP address for A record

shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
edited March 6, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I have finally managed to set up a CNAME and A record so that both my URL with and without www points to the same site.

In smugmug's help page, it says that:

"If you use an A Name record, you direct them to our IP address, a bad idea. We have changed our IP address in the past and may need to do it in the future."

Simple solution: Can all Pro account users be put onto a mailing list so that if and when the smugmug IP changes, we are notified and can change our settings accordingly?

Thanks,

Nelson

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    shrekie wrote:
    Hi,

I have finally managed to set up a CNAME and A record so that both my URL with and without www points to the same site.

In smugmug's help page, it says that:

"If you use an A Name record, you direct them to our IP address, a bad idea. We have changed our IP address in the past and may need to do it in the future."

Simple solution: Can all Pro account users be put onto a mailing list so that if and when the smugmug IP changes, we are notified and can change our settings accordingly?

Thanks,

Nelson
    Yep but it works this way:

1) control panel, settings tab, mail preferences - set news email to "yes" so that you get an email from us when we publish a homepage news item (which we would when we do this sort of change).

2) subscribe to our release notes blog in your feed reader.
  • shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Yep but it works this way:

1) control panel, settings tab, mail preferences - set news email to "yes" so that you get an email from us when we publish a homepage news item (which we would when we do this sort of change).

2) subscribe to our release notes blog in your feed reader.

Great, thanks Andy!

Nelson