Options

S2000 shoot

thejohnremusthejohnremus Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited March 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
hey all :wave

just joined here recently after lurking for a bit.
I wanted to share some shots of my friends S2000 he races on the track. He wanted shot "of his track car in an urban setting".
I'm a journalistically trained photographer who shoots a lot of sports and weddings... so, doing an automotive shoot was a new challenge, especially since he wanted it done at night.

Anyway, I was pretty happy with the outcome for a first attempt. My biggest disappointment was that right after we pulled away afterward I realized my camera had been set to jpeg earlier that day at a group bbq and not on RAW how I typically shoot private sessions... :dunno oh well, amatuer mistake..

thoughts welcome...

als2k1.jpg

als2k2.jpg

als2k3.jpg

als2k4.jpg

als2k5.jpg

als2k6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Very impressive car those ITB's and the Mugen CF hood alone make this hobby look like a very cheap thing to take up.

I had an ITR that ran ITB's...good to see others have joined the elite group of people doing it.

Beautiful car and photos.

come to look at it more, it seems he has alot of Mugen stuff...the mirrors, wheels, PS cover...almost seems like he is sponsored my Mugen, Laughing.gif.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    #4 is definately the best shot,
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    hey all wave.gif

just joined here recently after lurking for a bit.
    I wanted to share some shots of my friends S2000 he races on the track. He wanted shot "of his track car in an urban setting".
    I'm a journalistically trained photographer who shoots a lot of sports and weddings... so, doing an automotive shoot was a new challenge, especially since he wanted it done at night.

Anyway, I was pretty happy with the outcome for a first attempt. My biggest disappointment was that right after we pulled away afterward I realized my camera had been set to jpeg earlier that day at a group bbq and not on RAW how I typically shoot private sessions... ne_nau.gif oh well, amatuer mistake..

thoughts welcome...

Hi John, I love the first and the last shots in this series you've posted clap.gif
    That is quite a piece of machinery under the hood there eek7.gif

DaveV and Gus shoot JPG allllll the time and they don't have a problem with it :D

You friend will be very pleased with the photo's you took I'm sure thumb.gif
    Thanks for sharing John, glad you not lurking any more.

Keep Posting ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    what a car..Im a total sellout when it comes to japanese high rev machinery..

S200 is one of my alltime favourites.

The photos is very nice. Not sure about the background on the first one tho..Probably would fit better with the heavy industrial look.."everyone" is using it..But it works darn well =).

@ 10 000 rpm....nobody can hear you scream!.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    what a car..Im a total sellout when it comes to japanese high rev machinery..

S200 is one of my alltime favourites.

The photos is very nice. Not sure about the background on the first one tho..Probably would fit better with the heavy industrial look.."everyone" is using it..But it works darn well =).

@ 10 000 rpm....nobody can hear you scream!.

No factory s2 revs to 10k...first gen reved to 9k and 2nd gen rev to 8,200k I believe...most people would not need a 1ok rev limit, most people did not need the 9k on the first gen so they lowered to get a bit more lower end TQ and HP out of the motor...Either still super high revving for a street driven mass produced car. clap.gif unless honda put out a 3rd gen s2 that revs to 10 I am unaware of...I have not been in the honda scene for sometime, so I could be wrong. wings.gif (and I am talking about in the states, I have no idea what they have in other countries)
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    thejohnremusthejohnremus Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

Yeah, he has a few Mugen pieces. The rims are actually Volks ce28 mercury silver. But yes, he definitely has quite a bit invested in his car.

As far as shooting jpeg, for certain things like sports I use jpeg. But for something like this, as a first time out under questionable lighting I would shoot raw to be safe. I was bummed because it just made it a touch harder to remove the yellow from the street lights.

He was veryyyy pleased... or should I say damn excited to see the photos. Since this was a test shoot and learning for me, rather than charging for my time I told him he could take me out for a drink sometime. He was more than happy to do that as an exchange.
    Also, to add, he has image number 3 set as his desktop background, and also another one printed on the wall of his garage.

As far as specs on the S2000 itself... The first generations (known as AP1) rev to 9k. The second gen (AP2) rev to 8200. And the second gen did get a bump in low end torque going from a 2.0 to 2.2 liter. The new generation (CR) is a 2.2 that revs to 8200 - no difference.
    I myself own a 2003 AP1.

I'll try and post more now that I'm here too. I have a few beach shots from last weekend, and more coming this weekend. Depending how those look I'll post up in the People thread for some CC on those thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

Yeah, he has a few Mugen pieces. The rims are actually Volks ce28 mercury silver. But yes, he definitely has quite a bit invested in his car.

As far as shooting jpeg, for certain things like sports I use jpeg. But for something like this, as a first time out under questionable lighting I would shoot raw to be safe. I was bummed because it just made it a touch harder to remove the yellow from the street lights.

He was veryyyy pleased... or should I say damn excited to see the photos. Since this was a test shoot and learning for me, rather than charging for my time I told him he could take me out for a drink sometime. He was more than happy to do that as an exchange.
    Also, to add, he has image number 3 set as his desktop background, and also another one printed on the wall of his garage.

As far as specs on the S2000 itself... The first generations (known as AP1) rev to 9k. The second gen (AP2) rev to 8200. And the second gen did get a bump in low end torque going from a 2.0 to 2.2 liter. The new generation (CR) is a 2.2 that revs to 8200 - no difference.
    I myself own a 2003 AP1.

I'll try and post more now that I'm here too. I have a few beach shots from last weekend, and more coming this weekend. Depending how those look I'll post up in the People thread for some CC on those thumb.gif
    They are Volks, still great wheels...they sure look like the Mugen wheels...I would love a 1st gen s2...I had a type for a many years and loved it...

Thats right, I forgot they bumped up the displacement to 2.2...
    www.brandonperron.com