new guy

battsbatts Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited March 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
maybe this has been answered.. sorry beforehand if so..

breakdown in accounts question/suggestion, I'm not trying to throw mud at this product in any way, just conversation.

basic is just plain-jane basic geat!

power
more powerful then basic
I feel missing some pro options that may draw more basic users up to power users. One that comes to mind is RT click photo protection, it's a java script command to change in a pro account for a custom prompt, I can do javascrpts in power but not this one, as far as I know, would be nice feature. Another FAQ has posts about removing/moving mouseover graphics, maybe that could be a option box because it seems very common since it is a FAQ, more of a suggestion. btw how is that moved on the full screen photos? Watermark in power could be stretching it a bit for request, would be nice, on the other hand you guys handle the package deals and know the best, I'm not trying to get something for nothing, just providing feedback, thinking to myself these few options wouldn't make pro users drop to power ones.

pro
Has the WORKS, sell photos, watermark, custom URL's ect... yes a big jump in price as well in functions, but I feel there is a lot more going on here with the selling of photos and URL linking, backprinting, all other printing options, guest accounts, etc.. so worth the price for the quick and dirty way for those who don't want to deal with putting up a commerce site to sell, still look very professional, and all the other added professionalism for their site.

Just my first impression feedback, while playing with the great 14 day trial. I'm dealing with making the decision to keep using gallery2 or step into the smugmug world. Some great options avaiable on gallery2 sure come at a cost for someone not needing all the pro commerce options, making the power account that seems somewhat limited in my eyes.

I love what I've seen in the trial compaird to the others.. now if only I can get the converters to play nice with gallery2.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    batts,

I've moved this from Dgrin Forum Support to SmugMug Support.

Dgrin Forum Support is for this forum specifically. Here you'll get the help you need with your SmugMug account.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • battsbatts Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    thanks, sorry about that, got lost in the forums while i was searching for past discussions and didn't realize i was in the wrong spot half asleep.