Options

Full Moon

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 27, 2005 in Holy Macro
I took bunches. It was hazy and cloudy. Sometimes there was a moon, sometimes there wasn't. I was fortunate to get this. I seem to do the moon pretty much the same, can't get away from grey. I guess I must like it. g

18241340-L.jpg

18241338-L.jpg

I know you all will like the blk and white one best, I do. But since I did both, they are different shots of the moon. More haze in the second one. I tried to work it up differently a bit. Don't think I did. 4 AM in Charleston, SC

g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2005
    Looks like you were up late Ginger. Not the best night for moon shots, but I like these just fine. Is the first one a little oof or is it just me? I'm now on the hunt for a moonshot with something else interesting in the picture. I need an interesting foreground for a rising moon before dark or an interesting city lights / moon shot. Maybe a little cutting and pasting would be in order.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2005
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Looks like you were up late Ginger. Not the best night for moon shots, but I like these just fine. Is the first one a little oof or is it just me? I'm now on the hunt for a moonshot with something else interesting in the picture. I need an interesting foreground for a rising moon before dark or an interesting city lights / moon shot. Maybe a little cutting and pasting would be in order.
    That is what I was thinking. You have moons, if you have the foreground, put the moon in.

I don't remember, to be honest, what the characteristics of each moon were. I think the second one had less haze. That is it, the first one I picked for the haze, then it didn't show much anyway. I was not aware of it being OOF, but if it is, well I have about 50 more.rolleyes1.gif

ginger (I have something, somewhere, book or magazine, that tells the best way to get the moon and plug it in. That is the problem of too many reference things. Although, that info is only in one place, I may not be able to find it, but it is in this house. If I run into it, I will tell you.):D
  • Options
    shamanshaman Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    Ginger,
    I too, took a lot of shots of the moon during the January full moon.
    I thought I'd save them for the purpose of using them in a night, heck, even day shot sometime. Whenever I figure out how to do it in PS.
    I was inspired by your text overlay so I decided to steal your idea and do this with one of my moons:

18321993-L.gif
    PEACE ~ WISDOM

• Options
    edited March 27, 2005
    Shaman, I can't see your photo. It shows as a red X.

gingerne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    Ginger-- Would you mind sharing your setting for these shots? Tripod? I tried to take some moon shots the other night and all I got was a bunch of crappy pics.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2005
    Well, they did that yesterday too!!! The problem is, I see them fine on my monitor, so I don't know until someone tells me.
    I'll give it another try...
    Thanks for telling me!

shaman
    PEACE ~ WISDOM

• Options
    edited March 27, 2005
    Ok, here it is, I hope!

18321993-L.gif
    PEACE ~ WISDOM