258668755_tk38e-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C always welcome.
"Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Hope you don't mind some critiques-

1. The colors are very nice and the angle of the hill is very pleasing. The large formation of rocks is very centrally composed and overall the composition is not that interesting.

2. Really like the composition. The thing that hurts the photo is the nice colors of the Joshua Tree and then the blandness of the desert. I think this could benefit from a b&w conversion with lots of contrast.

3. The water is very very nice! I think you tried to go to big here. The water and the tree are the real focus point. The hill in the background really doesn't add anyhting to the shot. I would have focused more on the tree and water- useing the tree to fill the frame top to bottom and use the water as a diagonal lead.

Just my thoughts though
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • museratomuserato Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    1) is a little uninteresting. It may benefit from cropping. get rid of the bouders at the bottom left and make it tighter at the top right. The angle is good.

2) I like it. I guess I can see Aaron's point, it would probalby be more dramatic as a B&W. However, if color is your thing, it is a good pic.

3) The sky is distracting, too bright. I don't think you want to change it in PS. I think cropping it out will make it a much better composition and draw the eye to the silkiness of the water, which I really like BTW.