Uploaded images take a while to show up in the Gallery...

sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited March 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I upload images using my Lightroom plugin. It takes some time before all the images show up. I want to say if I were to upload 10 images, they may not all show up for 15 to 30 minutes. Does this sound normal?

Comments

• phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    sunxsweet wrote:
    When I upload images using my Lightroom plugin. It takes some time before all the images show up. I want to say if I were to upload 10 images, they may not all show up for 15 to 30 minutes. Does this sound normal?

Hi,

The processing time is largely a matter of how large your files that you are uploading are and how busy our queue is at the time. You'll find that images generally take longer to process after a holiday weekend for example.

Check out this help page for tips on speeding your upload and processing times up:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/speed
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Thanks for the reply Tristan. I'm looking to increase upload speed by reducing image size. One of the big pluses to going with SmugMug was the unlimited space feature and that I could upload my entire collection in the original size as a alternative backup solution.

It's not even the upload times that I'm concerned with. I have a broadband connection and the upload goes quite quickly. It's the post upload processing that was concerning me. If a 10-15 minute delay for all ~10 images to come through is normal, I'd just like to know that so I will know if any images were silently dropped by the plugin. I'm shooting at the FINE jpeg mode on a d40x and uploading at full quality.

Hi,

The processing time is largely a matter of how large your files that you are uploading are and how busy our queue is at the time. You'll find that images generally take longer to process after a holiday weekend for example.

Check out this help page for tips on speeding your upload and processing times up:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/speed
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 8, 2008
    If that's the case, the best thing to do is check out the upload log on the Stats tab of your control panel. It will show the files that have been uploaded and if they are waiting to be processed.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited March 9, 2008
    Thanks David. That would help a lot!!! Big upload coming up tonight. Thank you.
    devbobo wrote:
    If that's the case, the best thing to do is check out the upload log on the Stats tab of your control panel. It will show the files that have been uploaded and if they are waiting to be processed.

Cheers,

David
    edited March 9, 2008
    So now that I've found the Stats page... I've encountered another issue. I tried to upload 88 images last night using Friedl's plugin. Only 11 made it to the gallery. The rest showed up with a "upload problem: wrong bytes received" message.

Any ideas?