A couple from last fall....a prettier time.

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited March 9, 2008 in Landscapes
I was in Michigan last October and took these shots. I'm pulling them out now because I'm starting to tire of the grey North Texas winter landscape I call home and it helps me to appreciate the places I've had the privilege of visiting.

Comments and critique are always welcome. Thx.

213907065_6grbX-M.jpg

211801929_MX4yS-M.jpg

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Very pretty, #1 is my fave, lovely composition, love the reflection.thumb.gif
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    The color in both of them is nice.

On #1 though there's something... what is that a naked butt?... in the right side of the frame in shadow and it bugs me. And there's some dock creeping in the lower right corner... with those two things it says to me "hey, someone took a snapshot." And there's more potential in the image... or there would have been if you'd framed it just a bit differently.

The second one is a pretty shot of fall color and I think it could be nice... if not for the huge out-of-focus yellow leaf on the lower right side. It's impossible for me to ignore it... my eyes just bullseye there and I can't avoid it. The leaves encroaching from the upper right corner are also a bit distracting, but not as much as the one on the right. I do think you're on to a good photo opportunity with that one, though -- if you go back at the same time next year and shoot similar shots but take real care to capture symmetry and avoid junk at the corners or sides of your shots... you could have something suitable for framing.
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    Thanks for your opinion and feedback, CatOne! I appreciate you looking and taking time to comment.

The only question I'm left with now is what the other 70 people who viewed my photos think about them. Do they agree with you: "Hey, someone took a snapshot," or do they have other ideas?

And to Summerz, thanks for the kind words.