a moth, a spider and a caterpiller

NanoNano Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited March 8, 2008 in Holy Macro
Well its been a while since i've last posted on here, so i figured i would give it another go.
I am sure some of you may know the proper names of these insects i have photographed here, please feel free to add them.

Still playing with the MPE lens, and having fun everyday....

Nano

Comments

• NanoNano Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    the Moth
    The Moth, taken from inside my house while it was sitting on the window outside my house.
    i like how it looks like it has feathers around its neck area. very cool

Nano
  • NanoNano Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    the Spider
    well the series wouldnt be complete without this ugly little feller. I love the macro world, im sure the rest of you are walking around with your macro eyes on all the time< But i found this little spider all balled up looking like he had been killed. So i picked him up gently and brought him over my computer desk> Well there he stayed for three days without any movement, and then on day four suddenly springs to life and starts walking around my computer desk> I can say this much, he sure is an ugly little bug spider.

anyway thanks for looking.

Nano
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Hi Nano,

I see there are a few of us still learning to use the MPE-65.
    Are you using a flash at all? or just using Natural light?

Wonder what the spider was up to that he decided to just sit there for so long ? he kind of looks mean doesn't he eek7.gif

All the best with the learning curve Nano thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Nano,

I see there are a few of us still learning to use the MPE-65.
    Are you using a flash at all? or just using Natural light?

Wonder what the spider was up to that he decided to just sit there for so long ? he kind of looks mean doesn't he eek7.gif

All the best with the learning curve Nano thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Yes for sure I am one trying my hardest to accomplish the wonderful MP-E and I am making very slow progress. I am struggling to get past 2x but I intend to get there with the help of Skippy and Brian who have helped and made so many on here professionals.
    Kind regards
    Bob
  • MichelleLMichelleL Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Number three looks really scary!! do spiders hibernate? Just trying to work out why he/she was so still for so long before deciding to have a wonder around.
    Michelle Legg :smooch

michellelegg.com
    http://legg.smugmug.com/
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2008
    Some good shots :)
    The lighting seems a bit harsh on some but shooting a moth through glass is difficult (you need to apply around -1 FEC to your flash when there is a very dark or no background).
    Last spider is a nice crab spider.
    Brian V.