Options

Spring Break

PersephonePersephone Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited March 26, 2005 in Landscapes
New member and new to digital photography. Intimidated by the talent here, but truly a great way to learn. All criticism accepted with a smile!
~Persephone

18246248-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2005
    Persephone wrote:
    New member and new to digital photography. Intimidated by the talent here, but truly a great way to learn. All criticism accepted with a smile!
    ~Persephone

nice effort, persephone :D looks to be a nice beach scene. the shot suffers some, though, from underexposure and i think the oof right side (cliff?) is a detraction. there are some really good links in the hall of wisdom here on dgrin, on bw conversion, and exposure, and more. you should check 'em out thumb.gif keep at it, and keep posting your shots deal.gif

thanks for joining, and sharing.
  • Options
    PersephonePersephone Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2005
    Thank you for the link, will be spending the majority of my time there I think :D The shot is actually ice receding from a river bank, a ridiculous play on the words "Spring Break." I see what you mean about the tree on the right, I found it to draw my eye in to the photo, but upon further review, I'm seeing it through your eyes better. Thanks for taking the time.
    ~Persephone
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2005
    Persephone wrote:
    Thank you for the link, will be spending the majority of my time there I think :D The shot is actually ice receding from a river bank, a ridiculous play on the words "Spring Break." I see what you mean about the tree on the right, I found it to draw my eye in to the photo, but upon further review, I'm seeing it through your eyes better. Thanks for taking the time.
    ~Persephone

yep - so i was confused by it.... there's not a clear focal point or focus area, either.

keep it up deal.gif