Another go at stacking and some bugs and ooh a spider as well

job3210job3210 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited March 10, 2008 in Holy Macro
Pretty much as the title says.
The Woodlice was stacked from 2 photos.

woudlousestack1.jpg
Think I am getting the hang of this stacking now

These tiny little bugs were about 1mm long founs them under some bark, but getting into a comfortable position to take a photo was a lot harder than anticipated. Had to do this with x1 on the MPE 65 just waitinf for my 430 ex to arrive them hopefully I should be able increase the MAG factor

bugstiny.jpg

My little friend here had decided that today she was not going to be the ideal model for me. But I think this one is kinda OK. Cropped and rotated.

spider1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Glenn

Comments

• MichelleLMichelleL Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    How cute are these spiders - I'm going to go and have a read about where they live to try and capture one in a photo!!
    Michelle Legg :smooch

michellelegg.com
    http://legg.smugmug.com/
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    MichelleL wrote:
    How cute are these spiders - I'm going to go and have a read about where they live to try and capture one in a photo!!

Thats an excellent shot of the wood lice. I just took this stack shot with six slices.
    http://canon400d.smugmug.com/photos/263758758_tE2RD-L.jpg
    I am feeling a bit happier but probably the next one won't be as good.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • john ljohn l Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    Michell, jumping spiders are the greatest little critters. You will find them hunting on the walls (outside) of your home. They hunt like a cat and can jump 50 times their own length. When they jump for prey they leave a tether in case they miss their jump. They do not build webs. If you are lucky some will accept an offering of a fly. (some but not all) Hope you have some fun chasing one of these guys. j
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Good shots-
    Some duplications on the stack esp lower left of the shell- looks as if you need to realigh one of the shots.
    Bugs in #2 are springtails.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    job3210 wrote:
    Pretty much as the title says.
    The Woodlice was stacked from 2 photos.

Think I am getting the hang of this stacking now

These tiny little bugs were about 1mm long founs them under some bark, but getting into a comfortable position to take a photo was a lot harder than anticipated. Had to do this with x1 on the MPE 65 just waitinf for my 430 ex to arrive them hopefully I should be able increase the MAG factor

My little friend here had decided that today she was not going to be the ideal model for me. But I think this one is kinda OK. Cropped and rotated.

Thanks for looking

Hey that first shot came out real nice, stacking takes a bit of time to figure out, but Brian is more than willing to help with advice on this subject.

You doing great Job3210 clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin