Huntington Library

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited March 11, 2008 in Landscapes
For those not familiar with Huntington Library, it's the former estate of an American Industrialist, Henry Huntington. It's a very large Garden that houses a library, museums, and much more. Since I live about 15minutes from there, I try to visit frequently.

Well, I went by for a quick revisit just to listen to my MP3 player and just relax shooting by myself.
Unfortunately, they open late and close early, so getting good light is very difficult as you only have about an hour at best, right after they open at 10:30 and just before they close at 4:30. Only 8 keepers from the day.

1. A nice door knocker to the Chinese Garden.
263936570_YKZ6U-M.jpg

2. The old pond and bridge.
263934860_MkCRW-M.jpg

3. One of the many viewing areas where you can look at the pond.
263934819_E2dtx-M.jpg

4. Saw this little girl and thought I'd try to shoot her OOF, not sure if it worked.
263929394_3buPw-M.jpg

5. This is the back of a museum in the library, statue of Daphne, the goddess of the hunt, is in the background.
263934082_6Lg5s-M.jpg

6. Playing wtih shadows.
263929654_5mfgN-M.jpg

7. Walking down the steps to the Japanese Garden.
263932019_ykyAx-M.jpg

8. Park Bench.
263931864_BDoH7-M.jpg

Comments

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    That's right, the Japanese garden opened last month! I need to go see it! Maybe in a couple weeks.

Great pictures, Tee Why! I especially like numbers 1, 5, and 6. Very nice. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Hey thanks.
    It's the Chinese Garden that just opened.
    Anyway, I think it's worth a visit if you like landscape photography.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Last one is my favorite...nothing is more peaceful then a bench by a tree :D
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Ah yes! Chinese! Thank you for correcting me. :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Lovely images. #6 is especially wonderful.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    #3 and #6 are my favorites of this set. I don't think #4 really works for me, I wish it had more DOF.
    Chris
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    ChrisJ wrote:
    #3 and #6 are my favorites of this set. I don't think #4 really works for me, I wish it had more DOF.
    I think you're right, or I should have focused on her instead and blur other things out.