Some 8mm fisheye pictures

SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited March 11, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi there. Still kinda new to photography, Been playing around with a Peleng 8mm fixed lens I got off ebay. Still need pratice focusing, You cant see it focusing threw the view finder so it takes some getting used to. I'm still not great at correcting the vignetting and barrel distortion in Photoshop but I'm getting there, Anyways, heres some shots =D

IMG_1367.jpg

Tree.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• cmbankuscmbankus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2008
    Me too
    I am still learing too but your pictures are sooooo awesome! I think I need a fish eye lense.

One thing I always wondered is how people get moving water to look the way it does on your last picture. That is so neat.

-Connie
  • SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Hii Thanks. Just long exposures of flowing water give it that cloudy effect :) But remember to change your ISO / Apature to compensate since your sensor will be exposed to more light. I think light trails look really cool aswell.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Yeow!! I love using fisheyes, and the tree surrounded by trees (#3... is it a reflection?) and the car photo after that really are thumb.gifthumb!!

Why on earth would you want to remove the barrel distortion from a fisheye? Isn't that the point of using one? headscratch.gif
    edited March 10, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Yeow!! I love using fisheyes, and the tree surrounded by trees (#3... is it a reflection?) and the car photo after that really are thumb.gifthumb!!

Why on earth would you want to remove the barrel distortion from a fisheye? Isn't that the point of using one? headscratch.gif

To be honest I thought it was for a wide field of view haha I left some pictures the way they are cause I think they suit the vignetting and barrel distortion, Others I try to edit it out.

And nope its not a reflection, Theres this area in the woods with loads of fallen trees, I found one that had fell but it didnt hit the ground so I crouched under it and took a picture from under it, thought it'd look trippy :P
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I really like #3, but is it upside-down?
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 11, 2008
    Embrace the wideness :D

I recently picked up an 8mm Sigma. Wow. It's a whole lot of fun.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Wicked stuff! Love it. Makes me wonder how it would work on a full-frame body. Good lord... the possibilities.
    I love the in-car shot the best thumb.gif
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
    edited March 11, 2008
    f00sion wrote:
    I really like #3, but is it upside-down?

Tree fell but it didnt hit the ground so I took a picture from under it. Not really upside down, Taken vertically upwards.