Pisgah Covered Bridge

kworkkwork Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited March 10, 2008 in Landscapes
One of only a couple still standing in NC.
I stacked a 3-stop ND filter and a 2-stop graduated ND filter on this one. Compostition isn't the best. Water was too cold for me to risk falling in.
C&C always appreciated
263800546_dhyPJ-L.jpg
1 sec f/22 ISO200
D50 w/ 17-55 DX @ 17mm
Kevin

D50 ■ 17-55 f/2.8 ■ 50 f/1.8 ■ 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S ■ SB-800 ■ SB-600 ■ Hoya Filters ■ Manfrotto legs and head ■ Kata R-103 Rucksack

My SmugMug
My Project 366 :ivar

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I live in NC, and vaguely remember this bridge getting destroyed during a hurricane. Is this the rebuilt edition?

Either way, I don't think the composition is bad, just out of season. The planks on the bridge seem to blend into the leafless trees. If you live nearby perhaps we both can go shoot it up in the spring when everything is blooming mwink.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • kworkkwork Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I live in NC, and vaguely remember this bridge getting destroyed during a hurricane. Is this the rebuilt edition?

Either way, I don't think the composition is bad, just out of season. The planks on the bridge seem to blend into the leafless trees. If you live nearby perhaps we both can go shoot it up in the spring when everything is blooming mwink.gif

It's in Randolph County, not too far from the zoo. It's been rebuilt and is closed to traffic. Not sure when the rebuild occurred. There's a little park with picnic tables and a short path loop through the woods nearby.

It takes me 45min-1hr to get there from my house. This is the 3rd time I've been there. During the summer months it can be quite popular which makes it difficult to photograph. Luckily it was cold on Saturday so I only had 1 other car show up. Let me know when you'll be in the area.
    Kevin

D50 ■ 17-55 f/2.8 ■ 50 f/1.8 ■ 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S ■ SB-800 ■ SB-600 ■ Hoya Filters ■ Manfrotto legs and head ■ Kata R-103 Rucksack

My SmugMug
    My Project 366 :ivar
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    I like this photo. The color blends of bald trees, wooden bridges, rock and kinda brown water goes well together.

I agree with you...stepping into cold water isn't fun :D
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    kwork wrote:
    It's in Randolph County, not too far from the zoo. It's been rebuilt and is closed to traffic. Not sure when the rebuild occurred. There's a little park with picnic tables and a short path loop through the woods nearby.

It takes me 45min-1hr to get there from my house. This is the 3rd time I've been there. During the summer months it can be quite popular which makes it difficult to photograph. Luckily it was cold on Saturday so I only had 1 other car show up. Let me know when you'll be in the area.

I live in Randolph, maybe 20-25 minutes from this spot. Also studied Engineering @ NCSU for 2.5 years (I peeked your profile.)

I'll PM my information.
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008