Cityscapes

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited March 11, 2008 in Landscapes
I shot these images last night as the sun was setting down the road from my apartment.

264341892_9vhas-M.jpg

264357312_dQfMm-M.jpg

264352677_5Ti35-M.jpg

264361336_BWF6t-M.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Love the first shot in particular. Great color and I love the perspective!

With sunset falling and the construction site empty of workers, I get a very peaceful sense from the images. thumb.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    i enjoy #1 quit a bit! im always a sucker for lights & lamps.
    and the sunset colors were a great addition:D
    good workthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • DesignsmithDesignsmith Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    The first shot is great. Like the building silhouette against the sky and unusual cloud formation.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o:p></o:p><!--[endif]-->
    Just a suggestion on the second shot. Try getting down lower on the rusted drain pipe and maybe a bit to the right to get the orange cones, etc out of the shot. They’re a tad distracting. Also might try a shallower DOF to attract the viewer’s attention to the pipe. I like the dirt and rust in the lower right corner. It makes it appear that it is coming out of the old drain. Might try to do something more with that.

Keep up the good work!!
    DS

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    -Marcel Proust

Sony A100: Dician VG-1 grip: Made Products Camera Armor: Sony 18-70 f3.5-5.6: Minolta 50 f1.7: Minolta 28-80 f3.5-5.6: Minolta 7-210 f4: Sigma 70-300DL f4-5.6:
    Cambron 2x converter: Minolta 3500xi: SanDisk Ultra II 2GB x6: Lexar Pro 8GB x3: Cokin filter system: PSP X2:
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Thanks everyone!

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o:p></o:p>
    Just a suggestion on the second shot. Try getting down lower on the rusted drain pipe and maybe a bit to the right to get the orange cones, etc out of the shot. They’re a tad distracting. Also might try a shallower DOF to attract the viewer’s attention to the pipe. I like the dirt and rust in the lower right corner. It makes it appear that it is coming out of the old drain. Might try to do something more with that.
    Some great suggestions. Thanks!