West Side Waffle House

CosmonautCosmonaut Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited March 15, 2008 in Landscapes

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Did you try the waffles? The place looks like a small stop in a pit stop area.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    I ate at a Waffle House once...they had some pretty good food. And yes...it was very small.

Enjoyed the photo....brought back some memories :D
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I ate at a Waffle House once...they had some pretty good food. And yes...it was very small.

Enjoyed the photo....brought back some memories :D

+1. In Greensboro, NC. A memorable breakfast.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    The Waffle House
    The Waffle House is a tradition in the south. The Waffle House company was founded in Atlanta, Georgia over 50 years ago. There are over 1700 locations throughtout the country (It seems that EVERY exit off the Interstate system in the Metro Atlanta area has at least one location, many have two and I have seen one exit with 3 stores)

Here is the lingo for ordering the world famous hash browns..... "scattered" (spread on the grill), "smothered" (with onions), "covered" (with cheese), "chunked" (with diced ham), "diced" (with diced tomatoes), "peppered" (with jalapeño peppers), "capped" (with mushrooms), "topped" (with chili) and "all the way" (with all available toppings).
  • sesshinsesshin Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Awesome! love the Waffle House. I get my hash browns "smothered and covered".

personal criticism, I probably wouldn't have cropped the image so close to the building, I probably would have left a little more background in there, but hey a great photo nonetheless.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    The Waffle House is a tradition in the south. The Waffle House company was founded in Atlanta, Georgia over 50 years ago. There are over 1700 locations throughtout the country (It seems that EVERY exit off the Interstate system in the Metro Atlanta area has at least one location, many have two and I have seen one exit with 3 stores)

Here is the lingo for ordering the world famous hash browns..... "scattered" (spread on the grill), "smothered" (with onions), "covered" (with cheese), "chunked" (with diced ham), "diced" (with diced tomatoes), "peppered" (with jalapeño peppers), "capped" (with mushrooms), "topped" (with chili) and "all the way" (with all available toppings).

Oh this sound soooo good :D
  • KbrickKbrick Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2008
    my .02
    Nice shot off an institution.

A family tradition on any trip south was at least one breakfast at Waffle House!
  • shadowdreamershadowdreamer Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I remember Waffle House from college. A basic staple to life back then. Nice capture. thumb.gif
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Cosmonaut wrote:

Nice shot.
    I like the moment in a life.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka