What kind of moth?

AhzdeeenAhzdeeen Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited March 12, 2008 in Holy Macro
Found this moth outside my appartment last night, he was relaxed enough to let me set him on my coffee table and take pictures, then put him back outside. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of moth it is? Never seen one like it before.
2326186040_7a82e459ac_b.jpg
And one more, little bit more of a head shot:
2325360081_84c5fce995_b.jpg
I much prefer them full size..I've been reading Dalantech's Blog, and am giving the "No Cropping" method a try, so far I like it. Full Size Moth Pics

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Nice up close shots. They appear to be a bit red
    Fox Moth is my guess. See my example from last year:
    264635642_DALVj-S.jpg
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Good shots- lovely detail :)
    Brian V.
  • AhzdeeenAhzdeeen Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Thanks Roger, yeah the color was a bit off, something to work on :) And thanks V! I'm still using a Nikon D80, but I have a Canon Xti in the mail, with the MP-E 65 and the MT-24X...my wife wants to toy with photography, so the compromise was I get the macro rig I want, and she can use the Nikon wings.gif
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Ahzdeeen wrote:
    Thanks Roger, yeah the color was a bit off, something to work on :) And thanks V! I'm still using a Nikon D80, but I have a Canon Xti in the mail, with the MP-E 65 and the MT-24X...my wife wants to toy with photography, so the compromise was I get the macro rig I want, and she can use the Nikon wings.gif

I love the shots you have taken. First class.
    Regards
    Bob
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Ahzdeeen wrote:
    Found this moth outside my appartment last night, he was relaxed enough to let me set him on my coffee table and take pictures, then put him back outside. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of moth it is? Never seen one like it before.

And one more, little bit more of a head shot:

I much prefer them full size..I've been reading Dalantech's Blog, and am giving the "No Cropping" method a try, so far I like it. Full Size Moth Pics

It looks prepared for Winter with a thick coat :D
    It's nice to take photos of them, but its a nice feeling also to let them go unharmed back where they came from.

I also noted the blue tones to both images.
    Your doing good, I don't crop very often either thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin