Problem with *Gallery* Slideshow

Lori_BLori_B Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited March 25, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hey All,

I have a problem with my gallery slideshows (not the homepage slideshow). In IE and Firefox, if I go to an individual gallery and click the "slideshow" button, I get yucky slideshows. Too slow, jerky transitions, and some sort of problem with the sizing. "Portrait" images show ok, but "landscape" images are off-centered and too big. I'm sure this has something to do with the maximum size dimension, but I am still a CSS noob and have no idea where to start. Also, is the background supposed to just be black like that?

Cheers & thanks,
Lori

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Hi Lori,

Keep in mind that fullscreen slideshows can take quite some time as we generate hi resolution photos to fit your screen. If the quality of the photos doesn't look good, you probably have the 'largest size available' restricted to anything else than original. If you don't allow originals, we can't use them to generate photos that fit your screen and we have to use one of the smaller display sizes.

Could you give us the link to the gallery where you have been seeing the off centered photos? I wasn't able to see this.

The old slideshow you see in galleries, is going to be overhauled soon with a similar flash slideshow like you have on your homepage all ready. Please be a bit more patient.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Lori_BLori_B Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2008
    Hi Lori,

.... I hope this helps,
    Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the slow response, I was out of town at WPPI! What a week! Anyway, it seems while I was gone they have re-vamped the slideshow. So THAT problem is solved, but I've got some questions about the new one. New post at:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=88716

Thanks~
    Lori