Piper - my latest shoot.

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited March 14, 2008 in People
Long story very shot, I did this shoot as a thank you to some friends of my sister-in-law.... They're such wonderful people! And their chunkly little girl is just ADORABLE! (I have two skinny little girls so those little rolls just crack me up!!!)

Anyway, we did this at their house with available light. Their house is really tiny so I contorted quite a bit to get these shots. (I hope to get more if they come visit us.) But I was happy with the ones I did get!

My favorite:
264655132_Nt9BW-M-1.jpg

264653535_zjevG-M-1.jpg

264652122_6TBov-M-1.jpg

I'm not 100% on the processing on this one. It's also on my new iMac (:barb ) and it's not calibrated and doesn't have PS on it yet so I can't remove her logo on the sleeve. But I love their interaction!
264651361_ccu7G-M-1.jpg

I'm also going to redo this in color since you lose the roughness of dad's hands. He's a metal sculptor (we got an unbelievable fire-pit from him) and it is neat to see the contrast of the rough hands with her tiny little soft fingers.
264651981_sgCuX-M-1.jpg

A few more can be found here.... http://tippiepics.smugmug.com/gallery/4496162_XeAUm/1/264651180_3Wu8S#264651180

Thanks for looking!

(And I hope to have more photos again soon. Lots going on for photography now! Yay!)

C&C always welcome!!! :D

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    My goodness!! That first shot is just way to cute rolleyes1.gif
    The rest are also really nice, my fav 1, 3 and the last one. Nice work clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Beautiful shots Andi. Well done. My only critique is one I often have on this forum. (and it's not even about the photography) The HUGE watermark.
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    My goodness!! That first shot is just way to cute rolleyes1.gif
    The rest are also really nice, my fav 1, 3 and the last one. Nice work clap.gif
    Thanks so much, Marina! I really appreciate it!
    Beautiful shots Andi. Well done. My only critique is one I often have on this forum. (and it's not even about the photography) The HUGE watermark.
    Thanks, CarnalSigh! I appreciate the feedback. But one thing you have to remember is that most of my work is for paying clients. I can't risk that they'll find the images, download them and then never pay.... In this case, I can definitely take off the watermark - but since I still don't want them downloaded (I haven't fully edited them), I put the watermark on them.

On a side note, I'm actually hiring a designer to help me make a new one - one that isn't as obtrusive, but still prevents as much theft as I can. But people are much less likely to print and not purchase when the watermark is at least a little bit obtrusive!
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Adorable little wrinkle butt she is!!! I think you're right, once you get rid of the patch on her shoulder that interaction will be more prominent in that photo...right now, my eye is drawn right to it(the patch that is!)! The last one is my favorite!

I can''t figure out why there is so much concern with watermarking images here. This forum isn't a secret so people can and I'm sure do find photos....why is it that we all photographers can't look past them. I certainly don't find yours obtrusive Andi, especially with the transparency as it is!? I've always wondered why people get hung up on the watermark!?!ne_nau.gif(sorry didn't mean to steal this thread, perhaps I should just start a new one)!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    These are incredible...but I have to say...the first and last are stunners!!!

I like the abstractness of the detail shots.

I wish I had a sense of macro photography when mine were young!!!

Beautiful!!!
    edited March 13, 2008
    cdonovan wrote:
    Adorable little wrinkle butt she is!!! I think you're right, once you get rid of the patch on her shoulder that interaction will be more prominent in that photo...right now, my eye is drawn right to it(the patch that is!)! The last one is my favorite!

I can''t figure out why there is so much concern with watermarking images here. This forum isn't a secret so people can and I'm sure do find photos....why is it that we all photographers can't look past them. I certainly don't find yours obtrusive Andi, especially with the transparency as it is!? I've always wondered why people get hung up on the watermark!?!ne_nau.gif(sorry didn't mean to steal this thread, perhaps I should just start a new one)!

Thanks! Yeah, there are a lot of little things I need to do to PS things out, but I still loved that one!

I also expected this post ot get hijacked into a "watermark" thread. Laughing.gif! If people aren't selling photos, I think it's silly to watermark 'em huge. If they are, well... more power to em! (And I used to whine, but now I understand.)

Thanks again!
    These are incredible...but I have to say...the first and last are stunners!!!

I like the abstractness of the detail shots.

I wish I had a sense of macro photography when mine were young!!!

Beautiful!!!

Thank you so much, Jeffreaux! I really appreciate your comments and your kind words! It was a hard shoot so I'm glad it went well!
  • museratomuserato Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Very cute; great captures. The first and last are my favorites as well.

You have a great eye for people pics. And BTW, I love your gallery and I think your portrait project is awesome. :D
    edited March 14, 2008
    muserato wrote:
    Very cute; great captures. The first and last are my favorites as well.

You have a great eye for people pics. And BTW, I love your gallery and I think your portrait project is awesome. :D
    Thank you so much, JC! And I really appreciate you checking out my SP gallery! :D

Thanks again!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Nice job in tight quarters, Andi.

#1 does it for me here with nice lighting and great tonality in your PP. Plus, I'm a sucker for those cute tushies!!
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    LOVE that first one...too cute!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
    edited March 14, 2008
    Mitchell wrote:
    Nice job in tight quarters, Andi.

#1 does it for me here with nice lighting and great tonality in your PP. Plus, I'm a sucker for those cute tushies!!
    Thanks, Mitchell! I'm not usually one to post tushies, but this one was so cute i couldn't pass it up! Laughing.gif!

Thanks again!
    LOVE that first one...too cute!!!
    Thank you so much, Stephenie!!