Ultimate D3 Test

dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
edited March 14, 2008 in Cameras
What is wrong with this picture??? or should I say video??

http://youtube.com/user/Lilkiwiguy87

Extreme durability tests that no "normal" D3 owner would attempt. It just makes me shiver every test he does.:scratch
My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    It was the drop test that made me:yikes

:crazy
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    OH. MY. GOD.

:jawdrop

I'm a canon shooter and I still cringe with every test that he did.

And then the drop test?????
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_Yf3MlqpVw

What is that kid thinking??? I can't believe the stuff someone does just to get famous on youtube.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 12, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    And then the drop test?????
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_Yf3MlqpVw

What is that kid thinking??? I can't believe the stuff someone does just to get famous on youtube.

I think his mother must have dropped him on his head when he was a baby.
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Makes me want pro gear real bad. Even though I abuse my D70s real bad and still get away with it, it ain't nuthin like that!
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    that guy probably has a good ensurance??...we can get em "drop it in the pool and get a new one" here in sweden.

Im still frustrated that i can´t affoard one of the best cameras out there..I don´t need it, but i sure as hell want one :D:D:D
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    It wasn't until the drop test that I really cringed. Especially when I saw what looked like a peice of plastic come off the body!
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    That is just insane...I treat my little cheap D40 like it is a precious commidity that will break very easily...I can not believe what he does to that camera.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Rhuarc wrote:
    It wasn't until the drop test that I really cringed. Especially when I saw what looked like a peice of plastic come off the body!

Yeah, it looked like the lens cap or body cap. I can't beleive he would do it with a lens on tho, so it must have been the body cap.

I had to watch with no sound, so I dunno if I missed much because of that.
    ~ Lisa
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    He must have a lot of money to risk doing that. of course he is showing off that the D3 can take a serious beating.... It's something you don't do on purpose..

Poor camera. Hey kid! Send your camera and gear to me! I will adopt it and give it a nice warm home to live in without fear of crap being poured on it or dropped to oblivion!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    These are the types of videos I would like to see from Nikon and Canon when they release a new camera. Truly show the resilience of their pro level SLRs!
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    dadwtwins wrote:
    What is wrong with this picture??? or should I say video??

http://youtube.com/user/Lilkiwiguy87

Extreme durability tests that no "normal" D3 owner would attempt. It just makes me shiver every test he does.headscratch.gif
    Probably was his roommate's camera! rolleyes1.gif Those photojournalism students can be a pretty competitive bunch! Did you see that furtive glance just before he applied the scratch test to the LCD?
  • dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    honestly, i think i'd cry if i dropped my d3...
    i've done something similar to his drop test on my old d70s before. the results were not pleasant.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • keeprightkeepright Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    I'd have no problem putting my E-1 or E-3 through his "wet" tests, but intentionally dropping a camera is just idiotic. Not all failure is immediate and catastrophic, but a weakened solder joint could bring the camera down when it's needed.

I also found him annoying and overwhelmingly boring. I'd rather read a Scott Kelby photoshop book.
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    keepright wrote:
    I'd have no problem putting my E-1 or E-3 through his "wet" tests, but intentionally dropping a camera is just idiotic. Not all failure is immediate and catastrophic, but a weakened solder joint could bring the camera down when it's needed.

I also found him annoying and overwhelmingly boring. I'd rather read a Scott Kelby photoshop book.

keepright,

Please do not hold back, I really want to hear what you really thinkrolleyes1.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • STP03BluesiSTP03Bluesi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    why?....ne_nau.gif
    Sorry I don't drift..but do take the photos.
    edited March 13, 2008
    dadwtwins wrote:
    keepright, Please do not hold back, I really want to hear what you really think.

My internal censor goes off-duty at 8pm. rolleyes1.gif (My proof-reader follows it just a few hours later.)
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008

Pardon the language ...

but is that kid a fu@king loon?? Sure it is his, sure he can do whatever the hell he wants with it ... but what is the point of him trying to pull these stunts? If for some sad sick way that he dislikes the D3, I will gladly take it from him!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited March 13, 2008
    Let the record show that I was the first one here to call him idiotic.
  • thegridrunnerthegridrunner Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    ahhh leave him alone, he is just a foolish young man lacking good judgement. In a few years, he will refrain from such nonsense. I just hope his camera survives. Goodness... I want a D3...
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    It must be nice to have a rich daddy to buy him such expensive toys to destroy. Kind of reminds me of the 16 year old girls who are bought a brand new 3-series that gets totalled inside a week only to be replaced by another one, wash, rinse, repeat. Like I frequently say, lots of dollars, but no sense. rolleyes1.gif
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    He has to have some "in" and alot of money! He shot with Nat Geo?