New Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    jziegler wrote:
    This looks like so much fun!

If only I wasn't getting ready for a trip to Germany and having a very difficult week at work... With 4 cats, I'm bound to get a shot (or have one) that could work.

Does this mean that LPS II won't be starting for a couple more weeks? I was dreading that it would begin while I'm on a plane to Germany, I won't have net access while over there, and I'd be shooting blind for the first round.

There is bound to be an internet cafe or something, or you can always phone a friend and have them check. I got no idea when it's starting though.

Anyhow, you should enter, Laughing.gifCats are more important than work :D
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Not while Super Pyro's around

rolleyes1.gif Thanks!
    ~ Lisa
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    There is bound to be an internet cafe or something, or you can always phone a friend and have them check. I got no idea when it's starting though.

Anyhow, you should enter, Laughing.gifCats are more important than work :D

Most of the towns that I'll be visiting are probably too small to have many internet cafes, although I know that a couple of the larger ones (Baden-Baden, where we are starting and Rothenburg towards the end of the trip) do. I plan to try to check (although I won't have time to read too much, plus, I'd rather go out and see more stuff anyway). I'll see.

I'd try to cut out on the work, but I have a deadline of getting some stuff finished before I leave. Stuff that takes a long time at work, with big gaps of waiting. So, if I get a chance on Saturday, maybe I'll throw something together.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 13, 2008
    jziegler wrote:
    Does this mean that LPS II won't be starting for a couple more weeks? I was dreading that it would begin while I'm on a plane to Germany, I won't have net access while over there, and I'd be shooting blind for the first round.
    You could try bribes for LPSII dates as well. :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Voodoo Child (Chile)

orig.jpg

So a quick one from the Sony CD-1000 and our cat. Took it into Photoimpact and added a few filter effects.

Yes, she learn't her lesson............hick !!!!

Danny.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    nzmacro wrote:
    Voodoo Child (Chile)

orig.jpg

So a quick one from the Sony CD-1000 and our cat. Took it into Photoimpact and added a few filter effects.

Yes, she learn't her lesson............hick !!!!

Danny.
    You sure the cat's not listenin' to the Doobies?
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    20080313-e4gnk8emkfn7tutsds7nt48ayw.jpg

Click any of the helpful links I gave in my first post of this thread or the contest entry thread :D :whip

hahahah!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • yoyomayoyoma Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    2332769066_dd57030d3b.jpg

On a serious note, does anyone know what causes this error?
    edited March 14, 2008
    yoyoma wrote:
    2332769066_dd57030d3b.jpg

On a serious note, does anyone know what causes this error?

Wrong white balance I'd say =c)

anyhow, friendly reminder to everyone, entry thread is here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=87461
    edited March 14, 2008
    MOAR Laughing.gifCATS PLZ
    if anyone has questions about proper use of lolgrammar feel free to PM me =c)

also, remember rule #2: it's gotta be photography related.
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I think Andy is a goofball and Erik needs new shades.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited March 14, 2008
    I think Andy is a goofball and Erik needs new shades.
    well if you wanna send me some cool ones, it might help your chances. just sayin' deal.gif
    Erik

edited March 14, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    well if you wanna send me some cool ones, it might help your chances. just sayin' deal.gif

how about these
    uber-shades.jpg
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    how about these

Oh, man. I can't tell you the number of times I've desperately been in need of a bendy straw. Where were these glasses then? :giggle
  • KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    265796376_yw4xa-L.jpg

Now THIS would be a great monthly themed contest ... LPS 2.1 - Warped Edition !
    edited March 16, 2008
    Laughing.gifcat w/o caption is NOT a Laughing.gifcat!
    It ain't a Laughing.gifcat without a caption. Entry 21, your bribe needs to be seriously HUGE if you stand any chances!
    Erik

edited March 16, 2008
    This contest is all for fun, but it's still dgrin, and thiefing images from elsewhere on the web (well-known ones at that, come on, who hasn't seen the green helmetted lolcat?!?!!!) and posting them as your own is just plain old not cool.

Entry 26 - boooooo for you!!!
    Erik

edited March 18, 2008
    depthOfFieldCat.jpg
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    Well, my cat ran away, so I can't participate... We're hunting the woods and intersections, and if we find him, I'll get a shot and post... We might have to rename him "Flat-Cat."
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    HoofClix wrote:
    Well, my cat ran away, so I can't participate... We're hunting the woods and intersections, and if we find him, I'll get a shot and post... We might have to rename him "Flat-Cat."

OH NOOOOOO! POOR KITTEH! I hope you find him!

On a side note, has anyone noticed how many of us have black cats?! My cat is almost solid black, with a hint of brown in the sun. And my dog is black and white. They match quite nicely.

PS - remember this is rated pg - if you have to rename him flat cat - don't post it a picture!!!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited March 19, 2008
    Tessa HD wrote:
    OH NOOOOOO! POOR KITTEH! I hope you find him!

On a side note, has anyone noticed how many of us have black cats?! My cat is almost solid black, with a hint of brown in the sun. And my dog is black and white. They match quite nicely.

PS - remember this is rated pg - if you have to rename him flat cat - don't post it a picture!!!

Yeah, black cats seem to be very common - and hard to photograph! My black cat seems to come out too dark or blown out all the time. rolleyes1.gif

Flat cat picture != Rofl :cry
    ~ Lisa
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    another black cat
    Here's another black cat for you. I also have another black cat that has been missing.

267913722_75B9w-XL.jpg

I have a question....help please

I can't figure out how to add the exif...I read the links that tell you how in another messege but it did me no good (yes, I can be a little slow to catch on at times :D ) It seems the info with this photo isn't even on my smugmug site.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
    edited March 20, 2008
    Karrie McD wrote:
    Here's another black cat for you. I also have another black cat that has been missing.

I have a question....help please

I can't figure out how to add the exif...I read the links that tell you how in another messege but it did me no good (yes, I can be a little slow to catch on at times :D ) It seems the info with this photo isn't even on my smugmug site.

I don't think we need EXIF for this contest, but there are some great threads on linking it at the start of each LPS round thread.
    ~ Lisa
  • MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    im cleening ur screenz

http://www.tcvh.com/screenclean.swf
  • WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    MarkTodd wrote:

Does he do sensors too?
    edited March 20, 2008
    ***MOD EDIT: images changed to links, this is an ORIGINAL lolcat contest. thanks. ***
    http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/18/usendmenows128503818423383750.jpg
    http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/18/yurikitty128503820119946250.jpg

why doesn't it specify this anywhere but in my post that I luckily checked today. I have 3 cats! I would have been taking pictures of them.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited March 20, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    why doesn't it specify this anywhere but in my post that I luckily checked today. I have 3 cats! I would have been taking pictures of them.

Well, Erik said it in this thread already ne_nau.gif
    DoctorIt wrote:
    This contest is all for fun, but it's still dgrin, and thiefing images from elsewhere on the web (well-known ones at that, come on, who hasn't seen the green helmetted lolcat?!?!!!) and posting them as your own is just plain old not cool.
    ~ Lisa
    edited March 23, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Well, Erik said it in this thread already ne_nau.gif

Oh well if the Laughing.gif Cat builder site is stealing pictures then perhaps it shouldn't be linked.

Amazing how something so simple can become so frustrating.

I used Laughing.gif Cat builder. That's what I thought this contest was. SO I search umpteen thousand pages and pick pictures to find out it's not an Laughing.gif Cat builder contest.

dak.smugmug.com
    edited March 23, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Oh well if the Laughing.gif Cat builder site is stealing pictures then perhaps it shouldn't be linked.

Amazing how something so simple can become so frustrating.
    I didn't know Andy had included that link to the builder, we didn't exactly sit down and plan this little charade... spontaneous, fun, anyone remember those words??? I was following basic dgrin policy - no embedding of images other than your own.

I've removed the link, and I'm quite ready to end this silly "contest" which was supposed to be a big joke for fun.

Seriously folks, relax! rolleyes1.gif

If anyone is getting "frustrated" by this lighthearted Laughing.gifcat nonsense, and spending "hours" on something, I'm scared of what will happen if/when LPSII actually starts!
    Erik

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I didn't know Andy had included that link to the builder, we didn't exactly sit down and plan this little charade... spontaneous, fun, anyone remember those words??? I was following basic dgrin policy - no embedding of images other than your own.

I've removed the link, and I'm quite ready to end this silly "contest" which was supposed to be a big joke for fun.

Seriously folks, relax! rolleyes1.gif

If anyone is getting "frustrated" by this lighthearted Laughing.gifcat nonsense, and spending "hours" on something, I'm scared of what will happen if/when LPSII actually starts!

I'd say the builder is fine, long as the picture it's used on is original, right?. That's where this misunderstanding seems to have come from.

I think this contest is fun! Keep it going! Least till I find a cat to shoot an entry with :D

LPSII entries are going to require days of planning, shooting, finishing, re-shooting... No doubt about that, seeing how seriously beautiful entries the first one had!
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/