two girls at a party

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited March 28, 2005 in People
these are two of my friends at a party last night. i thought this picture looked awesome so i decided to share it. i really want to take more pictures of the girl on the left, she has such an incredible look.

i'd really appreciate some criticism. i like when theres a sharp contrast with light and dark, but a lot of the time that means i lose the hair into the background which i don't mind because, to me the face is the main subject. just tell me what you think or what you would've done.

shot with my digital rebel and 50mm f/1.8, at 1/200, f/4, iso 800. edited using the optikverve labs virtual photographer photoshop filter.

18273560-L.jpg

Comments

• NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    Really nice shot!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    I like the shot alot. I would love to see the image before you processed it. I agree about losing the hair in the backround not being a big deal..Thnxs for sharing.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 27, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    ... i really want to take more pictures of the girl on the left, she has such an incredible look...
    I agree! I dare say this shot might have been better without the girl on the right... but it's a nice shot. I love the b/w.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    I like the shot, the tone, heck I like pictures of good lookin girls anyday, but this makes me think of the :
    "Women with Two Heads" headscratch.gif :lol
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    here's what the original looks like:
    18267925-M.jpg

here's a picture of the girl alone:
    18273537-M.jpg
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 27, 2005
    you should be photographing this girl a LOT!!! with her looks and your lens... Wow! But, being from Great Neck I can hear her now... "gedowdaherealreadywidthefrikkincamera" :D
    edited March 27, 2005
    that's very true as to what most great neck girls are like, however she is straight outta brooklyn, so that makes her instantly ten times awesomer
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    I like the black and white but I do think you should keep some of the color. The girl has a nice style of dress and the colors compliment her. I would second, third or fourth the motion to keep taking pictures of this girl.
    Nice job.
    Ashlye
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
    edited March 28, 2005
    thanks, i'm going to try to convince her to spend a day in front of my lens because she's definitely comfortable in front of the camera. considering i took two pictures of her and they both came out amazing, i need to take more pictures of her.