Luck O'....

leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
edited March 13, 2008 in People
The Irish...This is an Irish neighbor, who I coaxed into a shot, to try my lights. I don't have many folks to practice on, and this one cost me a tall glass of Guiness.

This is my first attemp at a portrait. I used a single speedlight (580EX); shooting through an umbrella as a diffuser. My own nits are the different pupil sizes, the wierd way the stem of his glasses on the right just go out into nowhere, and when I converted to black and white, it still seemed a bit bluish, and I couldn't lose that. I would love to see this truely B/W. Even though I shot it RAW, I couldn't get a solid B/W point, in PS3 anyway. Clues would be cool.
265238008_GbKR8-L.jpg

Any CC is encouraged.

PS: A crop would seem appropriate, eh?
Growing with Dgrin

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 13, 2008
    I like this shot. I don't see anything weird about the glasses. Regarding the conversion, I think it could use a little more pop. How did you do the conversion? I like the B&W conversion adjustment layer in CS3 a lot. That would make it a snap to reduce the influence of the blues if you want, though I am not sure what you mean by it still looking blue. Looks like pure gray scale on my monitor. headscratch.gif

Regards,