Link to hiden-owner galleries

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited March 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
So, I know this is my fault, but I was in a hurry to send a link out to someone. I went to my galleries page and coppied the link from the gallery thumbnail, pasted in an email and hastily hit Cmd-Enter to send the email.
This was followed by a resounding "DOH!", when I realized that when I'm logged in and looking at my galleries, the link from the gallery thumbnails is a link to my site, i.e. nimai.smugmug.com. I just gave my personal information away to someone that I wanted to remain anonymous to.
I would like to request that for hiden-owner galleries, the links on the gallery page be directly to www.smugmug.com URLs, not redirects.
Does that make sense?

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 13, 2008
    You need to select hide owner for it to go to www.smugmug.com thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Yes, this was for a gallery that had Hide Owner selected. Works great.
    UNLESS you use the URL on the Galleries page, when you're logged in.
    Then you get a personalized URL.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Its just one of those things that you have to get in a habit to always change the link when you copy and paste. I send links alot and always have to change it. I have sent a few, and then had the DOH!! moment as well. But they are few and far between.

But the good thing for you is once they land on the page and then click on a photo and back to the main gallery, your name part of the link should be gone and only smugmug, so unless they pay attention and then try to retype your direct site in later, they may not catch on. It will depend on how internet savy they are.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me