Sharegroup Question

stuartbstuartb Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited March 15, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am using the excellent picasa uploader button.
Question 1 - after I have uploaded my images I would like to quickly assign the gallery to an existing sharegroup. Why is 'select Sharegroup' not on the Gallery Tools? (or an option in the Picasa Uploader for that matter).

It seems I have to close the gallery, go to Control Panel, Shargroups, and then try to find my new gallery in the sea of galleries and add it to a sharegroup! Not good workflow. Hopefully I am missing something and this is already possible?

Question 2 - Can I set things up so that new galleries are automatically unlisted? The default seems to be 'public'. I know I can save a 'profile' and apply it . . .I was wondering if my saved profile could be made to be the default in some way?

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    stuartb wrote:
    I am using the excellent picasa uploader button.
    Question 1 - after I have uploaded my images I would like to quickly assign the gallery to an existing sharegroup. Why is 'select Sharegroup' not on the Gallery Tools? (or an option in the Picasa Uploader for that matter).
    Great suggestion :) I will need to send this to the developer, devbobo to look at. Not sure if it can be done, but if it can he is 'The Man' who will need to look at it.

Question 2 - Can I set things up so that new galleries are automatically unlisted? The default seems to be 'public'. I know I can save a 'profile' and apply it . . .I was wondering if my saved profile could be made to be the default in some way?
    You will need to use 'quick settings' for your new galleries and apply the needed settings. Once again, I will send to dev to look at. :)
  • stuartbstuartb Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    thanks for the reply. It would be nice if Quick Settings allowed you to assign Sharegroups, but since Sharegroups dont feature at all on the 'Customize Gallery' page (which is very odd!) then I doubt that is possible.

Maybe Sharegroups are really some sort of 'virtual Category' containing 'links' to the Galleries. Maybe thats why you cant add a Sharegroup to a Gallery but have to add the Gallery to the Sharegroup? Some clever programming person can surely find a solution? I am not a programmer so what do I know . . but I do find Sharegroups to be both very useful and very annoying to set up!
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    stuartb wrote:
    thanks for the reply. It would be nice if Quick Settings allowed you to assign Sharegroups, but since Sharegroups dont feature at all on the 'Customize Gallery' page (which is very odd!) then I doubt that is possible.

Maybe Sharegroups are really some sort of 'virtual Category' containing 'links' to the Galleries. Maybe thats why you cant add a Sharegroup to a Gallery but have to add the Gallery to the Sharegroup? Some clever programming person can surely find a solution? I am not a programmer so what do I know . . but I do find Sharegroups to be both very useful and very annoying to set up!
    Can you imagine trying to select the correct group in a dropdown that looks
    something like this?:D
    GjknCc6MbvkF
    KH7bPkGHn9B
    Knc6(n5Fhklil
    mHjbJ2bKfj&8
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Can you imagine trying to select the correct group in a dropdown that looks