Maui Vacation

CheesheadCheeshead Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 16, 2008 in Landscapes
Hera are a few pics I took while on vacation in Maui. This island is truly beautiful. It has a such a diverse climate and vegitation, from palm to bamboo to pine trees, from rainforests to volcanos. Even got to see massive humpback whales from the beach and up close on a boat. Definately a place I would return to.

This was shot on the grounds of our condo while heading to the BBQ pit, just happen to have my camera with me...an advantage of being a tourist ;)

IMG_4347.JPG

Waterfall on the north-west corner of the island.

IMG_4415.JPG

This was a total fluke, was just getting my camera ready for the impending sunset when the humpback jumped into my shot.

IMG_4429.JPG

This was a sunset taken from Kihei

IMG_4485.JPG

Same sunset.

IMG_4596.JPG

Traffic flying by while at a lookout

IMG_4679.JPG

Twin falls, not really worth the 30 hike and wading through the creek in my bare feet, but after all that I did manage to take a nice pic

IMG_4765.JPG

This is the sunrise ontop of Haleakala Crater. 34 degrees cooler than sealevel...10,000+ feet up

IMG_5052.JPG

Kihei Again

IMG_6022.JPG

Black rocks from the black sand beach on the north east coast.

IMG_4819.JPG

Sunset on our last night.

IMG_6048.JPG

Sunset on our last night #2

IMG_6084.JPG

Comments

• quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    These are great photos but it almost looks like you missed the turtles?
    66611306_iBxRr-M-2.jpg
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • ed_hed_h Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Fluke rolleyes1.gif , shot three great
    ed
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/
  • CheesheadCheeshead Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    quark wrote:
    These are great photos but it almost looks like you missed the turtles?

Ya, never got a chance to go snorkelling. They were'nt quite ready to come up on the beaches yet either. Gives me something to do next time ;)
    edited March 13, 2008
    ed_h wrote:
    Fluke rolleyes1.gif , shot three great
    ed

I guess most wildlife shots are :)
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Excellent series! I love the shot of the sunrise atop the crater. Nice clouds!!
  • BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Nice shots. You didn't make it over to the east?
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Going to Maui in June for the first time. Your pictures got me all excited. I especially like the sunrise and sunset pictures!!

Stephanie
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

I agree with Schmoo. Nice work on the sunrise shots!!
    edited March 15, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

Ya...I'm so thankfull there was clouds! While it still would have been an amzine sight, the clouds just made it all that much better. Some of the other shots I have look like I'm on another planet the colors and clouds are just so varried and alien like.
    Blackwood wrote:
    Nice shots. You didn't make it over to the east?

We did, the black sand beach was on the East coast...didn't get all that many shots over there though...spent too much time in the car driving.
    edited March 15, 2008
    Cheeshead wrote:
    We did, the black sand beach was on the East coast...didn't get all that many shots over there though...spent too much time in the car driving.

Ah, I didn't see it. Waianapanapa?

I absolutely love East Maui. I generally make it a point to stay a night or two in or around Hana.
    edited March 16, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    Ah, I didn't see it. Waianapanapa?

I absolutely love East Maui. I generally make it a point to stay a night or two in or around Hana.

Yes...the park with the very long name ;) It was a great drive and it looks like a very peacefull place to stay, just like the west of Maui and the North shore of Oahu, loved all these places because I actually feel like "away" in another world, and not just in another city.
    edited March 16, 2008
    Cheeshead wrote:
    Yes...the park with the very long name ;) It was a great drive and it looks like a very peacefull place to stay, just like the west of Maui and the North shore of Oahu, loved all these places because I actually feel like "away" in another world, and not just in another city.

It's peaceful until the geckos wake up. Then it's loud :P