Disneyland (10 Big Images)

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited March 15, 2008 in Landscapes
It was my son's 1-month birthday yesterday, so we whisked him off to Disneyland.

It's springtime, and the flowers are out!
265457891_qqVkj-XL.jpg
(special props to anyone who can tell me how I got this perspective. :wink)

The castle was shimmering with magic
265458367_iM4Kp-XL.jpg

Peter Pan's Flight was our first stop
265459336_noVcw-XL.jpg

Off to California Adventure for a little farm fun
265460176_UrvhS-XL.jpg

Big brother can enjoy water anywhere
265459969_ixAJe-L.jpg265459721_LHQVe-L.jpg
But gets a little tuckered out when he skips his nap

Don't forgot to stop and smell the flowers
265460240_UFzwU-XL.jpg

Back to Disneyland for a little Rocket Ship pick-me-up
265458729_KzfFd-XL.jpg

Look out below
265458950_AY4jo-XL.jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the birthday boy.
265459363_LMUjm-XL.jpg
:bday He actually slept most of the day...

Hope you enjoyed my Disneyland snaps.
Chris

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Hey pretty nice perspectives. Nice pink bloom on the trees.
    Let me guess, off one of those double decker buses?
  • NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I haven't been there in soooo long. I'll guess you were on the train?
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Thanks Tom and James! Gold star to you, Tom. It is indeed from the double-decker bus. I had never ridden on it before. It was nice to get a different perspective... I also liked this one:

265457792_GPTWq-XL.jpg
    Chris
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I love these pictures! When I was there, I was trying to get some interesting/different shots too... but i failed. I was in a group of 8 though - that includes two children that needed to be wrangled all the time. I was just glad I only got lost once. Hahahaha.

Never thought to ride the bus!

Were you using an SLR the whole time or a P&S? If an SLR, what lens/es did you have with you?

I'm hoping to go back soon before tourist season but not sure if I should take SLR or P&S.

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I think the second shot and the b/w backlit shot of the spinning ride is good. Consider brightening it up a touch and increasing contrast a touch as well.

If you also add a touch of red in the color, it'll also make it warmer in feeling as well.
    edited March 14, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    I love these pictures!

Were you using an SLR the whole time or a P&S? If an SLR, what lens/es did you have with you?

I'm hoping to go back soon before tourist season but not sure if I should take SLR or P&S.
    Thanks, darkdragon!

I probably would never have ridden the bus except for my 2-year-old. We go on *all* the main street vehicles now.

I used my Canon 20D and the often maligned EF-S 17-85mm lens. I recently upgraded to the EF-S 17-55mm and wanted to get some good example shots with the old lens before I tried to sell it.

If you can afford the bulk and weight, it's worth taking an SLR. Lots of great color and detail, interesting people too (both cast members and visitors). Though I would recommend leaving it with someone before getting on Space Mountain or Indiana Jones! mwink.gif
    Chris
    edited March 14, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    I think the second shot and the b/w backlit shot of the spinning ride is good. Consider brightening it up a touch and increasing contrast a touch as well.

If you also add a touch of red in the color, it'll also make it warmer in feeling as well.
    Thanks for the comments, Tom. I also noticed that there's an unintentional tilt on the rocket ship shot, and a little bit of cloning to do on the bottom left. I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with something I like. I've still never tried adding color to a straight B&W.
    Chris
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Very nice. thumb.gif
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I probably would never have ridden the bus except for my 2-year-old. We go on *all* the main street vehicles now.

After many years of living in Orange County and several of those years having annual passes to DL and later CA, I never once rode any of the vehicles on main street. Probably because we usually only went to the park at night, and they usually were not running then.

We only moved away six months ago and my wife is already talking of taking the kids to DL over a long weekend. Now you've given me some ideas for new shots the next time I'm there.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited March 15, 2008
    BeachBill wrote:
    Very nice. thumb.gif
    Now you've given me some ideas for new shots the next time I'm there.
    Thanks, Bill! Glad to be of service. It's definitely a fun place to shoot. Some day I'll have to "forget" the kids and go some fellow shooters again.
    Chris
  • cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Nice work, Chris. Digging #2 It is a different way to see something that is so recognizable.
    edited March 15, 2008
    Nice work, Chris. Digging #2 It is a different way to see something that is so recognizable.
    Thanks, Tim. I knew when I saw the smooth reflection I had to take a shot. I got the flag waving just right, too.
    Chris
    edited March 15, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:

Try this, I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet, though...
    266097546_EkgmZ-XL.jpg
    Chris