Prarie Flowers

KrasniewskiKrasniewski Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited March 16, 2008 in Holy Macro
Here's a couple of small prarie flowers that are popping up around here. I'm brand new to macro and haven't gotten into stacking or any other editing techniques yet, but here's a few photos you guys and gals might like as is.

C/C are welcome as always!

Enjoy!
-M

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_6589fixed.jpg

Comments

• RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Very nice shots, my personal facourite is #1, it contrasts so nicely with the soft background, that the eyes know exactly what to latch onto, the lighting is also quite nice. Good job!!!

One technical suggestion, you've got some dust on your sensor, bottom right (or possibly lens, not sure what kind of camera you're using) that could use a little love from a clone tool or somesuch. Or you could be amazingly energetic and actually clean the sensor (I'm still lazy enough that photoshop works for me...)
  • job3210job3210 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Nice photos.No 1 is the one for me. Just one point though IMHO on no 3 the point of focus appears to be in the centre of the flowers on the stem oart, my ye is naturally drawn to the petals, and this might have worked better is some of the petals has been in focus (just a sugesstion)
    keep it up
    Glenn
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Here's a couple of small prarie flowers that are popping up around here. I'm brand new to macro and haven't gotten into stacking or any other editing techniques yet, but here's a few photos you guys and gals might like as is.

C/C are welcome as always!

Enjoy!
    -M

Your sensor is in need of a clean, cloning out those spots is pretty easy to do, you've got a couple of big ones showing up in the first two shots.

I like those tiny little purple flowers, they are a lovely deep purple as they begin to emerge.

Your doing okay, need to work on composition a little, and focus to me is a little off. ... thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • KrasniewskiKrasniewski Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Thanks to all for the suggestions!

The camera is the original digital Rebel and has never been cleaned (got it from my dad not so long ago), and so I always kinda knew it should be cleaned, but I never actually saw where/how the dirt affected the photos until you guys pointed it out specifically. Many thanks!

I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a newer body, so I'm not sure if I'm going to dig into learn how to clean myself or not.

In regards to the third photo with all the purple, I know what you mean about the focus not being quite right. I took quite a few of the same shot with different focal points, but none of them looked quite right, and I think that one turned out best. It's probably one that would look best stacked.

Thanks again to all who replied... I really love picking up tips and tricks.

-m