Options

Nik Efex Filters Palette doesn't show in Photoshop CS

REQREQ Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited March 28, 2005 in Finishing School
I am Running photoshop CS on a Mac, OS 10.3.8. When i first installed Photoshop it worked fine. I purchased Nik Color EFEX Pro 2.0 Plug-in filters. which also worked fine until I got the Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book. The selective palette for the Nik filters used to atomatically appear when you started it. When I got the Classroom in a Book, I followed the instructions at the beginning of the lessons: Command Opt-Shift to re-set all default settings. I know this temporarily closes the palette, but then you are supposed to be able to go to Edit, Automate and then select the Nik EFEX palette to make it re-appear. But it doesn't. The filters work through the filter section, but I cannot get the selective palette to appear. I have deleted and re-installed both programs, and my preferences files several times, but the problem has not been fixed. Please advise me on how to fix this problem, please be as clear as possible as I am currently overseas and cannot call support for help. Thank you. :dunno :dunno :scratch :cry :help :help :help :help :help :scratch

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    REQ wrote:
    I am Running photoshop CS on a Mac, OS 10.3.8. When i first installed Photoshop it worked fine. I purchased Nik Color EFEX Pro 2.0 Plug-in filters. which also worked fine until I got the Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book. The selective palette for the Nik filters used to atomatically appear when you started it. When I got the Classroom in a Book, I followed the instructions at the beginning of the lessons: Command Opt-Shift to re-set all default settings. I know this temporarily closes the palette, but then you are supposed to be able to go to Edit, Automate and then select the Nik EFEX palette to make it re-appear. But it doesn't. The filters work through the filter section, but I cannot get the selective palette to appear. I have deleted and re-installed both programs, and my preferences files several times, but the problem has not been fixed. Please advise me on how to fix this problem, please be as clear as possible as I am currently overseas and cannot call support for help. Thank you. ne_nau.gifne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif :cry :help :help :help :help :help headscratch.gif
    That's a strange one. I would have figured that a re-install of the filter package would have fixed everything. headscratch.gif

Are you able to access Nik's support e-mail? It looks like Nik has a user group. Any luck there? If you can't get at either of those resources, let me know and I'll try sending in an e-mail for you.

In the meantime hopefully someone around here has some suggestions for you.
  • Options
    REQREQ Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    Thanks - I figured it out
    Thanks for the advice. I posted the question at three locations - here, Dp forum, and the Adobe forum, and the Nik, Adobe and Mac support emails, to no avail. there's been no answer yet from the software companies but after obsessively playing around with the problem for several sleepless nights, :bash I found that from harddrive > library > preferences and then deleting the Nik Efex preference file and then restarting Adobe photoshop fixed the problem and reset the defaults.

So if anyone else had the same problem - that's how you fix it. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

cletus wrote:
    That's a strange one. I would have figured that a re-install of the filter package would have fixed everything. headscratch.gif

Are you able to access Nik's support e-mail? It looks like Nik has a user group. Any luck there? If you can't get at either of those resources, let me know and I'll try sending in an e-mail for you.

In the meantime hopefully someone around here has some suggestions for you.
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    REQ wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I posted the question at three locations - here, Dp forum, and the Adobe forum, and the Nik, Adobe and Mac support emails, to no avail. there's been no answer yet from the software companies but after obsessively playing around with the problem for several sleepless nights, :bash I found that from harddrive > library > preferences and then deleting the Nik Efex preference file and then restarting Adobe photoshop fixed the problem and reset the defaults.

So if anyone else had the same problem - that's how you fix it. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    No need to thank me. I'd say you figured this one out on your own thumb.gif