Hyllmark92Hyllmark92 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited March 16, 2008 in People
Edited a bit and cropped alot.

c&c?
Smile

Comments

• FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I'm not a photographer by any means, I just go by what pleases my eye. I just can't seem to like this shot, I don't know, there's just something about it that makes me want to look away rather than in ne_nau.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    I like it. Looks very "Mexican" to me. Maybe it's the colors and the black hair. Wish it were acoustic though:D
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    I have to go with Shannon on this one. Don't get me wrong...I'm always accounting for the individual's artistic feel for a shot, but something about this seems snapshot-ish. It's a little too blurry and overdone. The crop pulls my eyes away from the gurl and into the red background. Perhaps if this was cropped differently, and she wasn't so blurry, the abstract nature of it wouldn't be so distracting.

I'm not saying it's what you've done here, but I see a lot of folks screw up on the focus on a photo, then booger it up further by emphasizing the blur and contrast while trying to make ART out of it. Occasionally it works, but most times it doesn't.

This leaves me wondering what the original shot looks like. Perhaps the original would work better unchanged.
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com
  • Hyllmark92Hyllmark92 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Well thank you for the comment. And I agree at some level. But I still like it, it's nothing special about the photo just so easy that I like it:)
    Smile