skateboard kids

evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Sports
what a pi$$er. one of these punks asked me what the F--- I was taking pictures of. I told him I was a crime scene photographer. then 5 of them beat up one kid. Then I took some pictures.

18280475-L.jpg

18280480-L.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    so, what happened to the fight pics?

nice air, e.e.
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    Nice pictures, but those kids are punks. I don't mind skateboarding, but most people that do have an attitude like that. They also seem to love ruining property. As can be seen in this shot that I took yesterday, some skateboarders really ruined a fountain, so rails were put up, which really ruins the shot.

All ranting aside, you got some good captures. I like the second one a lot....looks like hes just a floatin' in mid air!yelrotflmao.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    andy wrote:
    so, what happened to the fight pics?

nice air, e.e.
    Hey there

I would have liked to break it up, but I aint keeping up with 16 years olds running at flank speed :cry (that's also why there are no fight pics)
    edited March 27, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    Nice pictures, but those kids are punks. I don't mind skateboarding, but most people that do have an attitude like that. They also seem to love ruining property. As can be seen in this shot that I took yesterday, some skateboarders really ruined a fountain, so rails were put up, which really ruins the shot.

All ranting aside, you got some good captures. I like the second one a lot....looks like hes just a floatin' in mid air!yelrotflmao.gif
    Yeah, they're punks, but at over 6 feet tall, and 260 lbs, I don't thing they want a problem with me. Size does have it's advantage sometime. The attitude of these kids leaves lots to be desired. Ahhh, the future of America.

OOps, don't go there, Rich...

I see what they had to do to the fountain. That, my friend, ia a shame. As is frequently the case, the symptom was addressed, but not the cause.

Nab the kids doing it, make them do community service to pay, or have their parents foot the repair bill.

Thanks for your comments, and the nice words.

Take care
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 28, 2005
    Yeah, they're punks, but at over 6 feet tall, and 260 lbs, I don't thing they want a problem with me. Size does have it's advantage sometime. The attitude of these kids leaves lots to be desired. Ahhh, the future of America.

OOps, don't go there, Rich...

I see what they had to do to the fountain. That, my friend, ia a shame. As is frequently the case, the symptom was addressed, but not the cause.

Nab the kids doing it, make them do community service to pay, or have their parents foot the repair bill.

Thanks for your comments, and the nice words.

Take care

Rich,
    Laughing.gif....Doncha just hate little tough guys like these punks? I could tell by looking at how they were wearing their hats and pants rolleyes1.gif that they probably thought they were gangstas rolleyes1.gif Maybe they'll wind up like my friend's son. He was a big boy and always got into fights while skateboarding at parks or on the street. He had a nice long rap sheet, for assault and drugs, by the time he was 18 ne_nau.gif Even after spending time in jail and juvie, he still didn't get it. Last year, while on probation, he wound up running over and killing an 18 yo kid, who hopped on the hood of his GF's SUV, while leaving a party. He's now in San Quentin :uhoh Maybe his cellmate Bubba will help him understand the error of his ways.

Anyhow, nice pics in a hostile enviornment thumb.gifthumb.gif Glad you had a cool head. If someone asked me WTF I was taking pics of, I probably would have given an inflamatory response naughty.gif You're a bigger man than I mwink.gif Either that, or you're just smarter :lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited March 31, 2005
    I hate to say it, but it's a sign of the times.

These kids are socially dysfunctional. They lack social skills. They will leave no legacy. Digital kids in a digital age.

When we were kids, the park we hung out in had 2 main areas. The big kids stayed where the b-ball courts were. We knew if we were playing stick ball and the ball went where they were, that we may get a beating trying to get it back.

This was kid to kid stuff. We *never* gave an adult backtalk. It just wasn't done.

We liked being kids. Kids today have all kinds of issues and lots of them are miserable. Adult life is full of responsibilities and challenges. being a kid should be fun.

Take care, Steve.
    Rich,
    Laughing.gif....Doncha just hate little tough guys like these punks? I could tell by looking at how they were wearing their hats and pants rolleyes1.gif that they probably thought they were gangstas rolleyes1.gif Maybe they'll wind up like my friend's son. He was a big boy and always got into fights while skateboarding at parks or on the street. He had a nice long rap sheet, for assault and drugs, by the time he was 18 ne_nau.gif Even after spending time in jail and juvie, he still didn't get it. Last year, while on probation, he wound up running over and killing an 18 yo kid, who hopped on the hood of his GF's SUV, while leaving a party. He's now in San Quentin :uhoh Maybe his cellmate Bubba will help him understand the error of his ways.

Anyhow, nice pics in a hostile enviornment thumb.gifthumb.gif Glad you had a cool head. If someone asked me WTF I was taking pics of, I probably would have given an inflamatory response naughty.gif You're a bigger man than I mwink.gif Either that, or you're just smarter :lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    Don't have any special knowledge or insight, but Yep when I was grownin up you kept your mouth shut when adults were around. And, no it was not oppresive. In fact If I can recall :D we didn't want to talk to em (adults) anyway, to busy havin Fun!! :D :lol

Just my 2 cents
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    These kids are socially dysfunctional. They lack social skills.
    Hey Rich,

Correct if I'm wrong but isn't this the view of some individuals on some unnamed forum of one Evil Eggplant? :lol4 :lol4

Really fine pics BTW and I agree with your commentary even though I busted your chops (I tried to resist but I couldn't stop myself :D ).
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • skaterpunkskaterpunk Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2006
    Red Bull wrote:

hey how did those punks mess up that friecking fountain?

christhumb.gif