600.00 for a new 5d body only !!!!

FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited March 16, 2008 in Cameras
Kijiji - London Ontario. Yet another scammer trying to sell 5D bodies for as little as 600.00 Dollars....Glad I wasn't born yesterday !!!

Beware :Brady :huh
Dad/Photograher:ivar

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Freezframe wrote:
    Kijiji - London Ontario. Yet another scammer trying to sell 5D bodies for as little as 600.00 Dollars....Glad I wasn't born yesterday !!!

Beware :Brady eek7.gif

is this a craigs list, newspaper or where was the ad..ebay???????ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Kijiji
    Punch Kijiji on googles and find out !!!! Its like Ebay but not as to one would say Glamorous !!!

Brady thumb.gif
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Freezframe wrote:

Beware :Brady eek7.gif

Consider that if you were born yesterday,
    the 5D would be below $600 when you reach
    your current age. mwink.gif
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Owned lock stock and barrel by ebay..............but not having to play by all the ebay rules..................yet
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    This is what the seller sent back..Cameta Store !!!
    Price: $600
    For this product I offer free shipping.
    This is new in sealed box and with 1 year warranty.
    Shipping method: UPS Express.
    Time delivery: 3-4 days.

This time I'm in United Kingdom for a business trip and I'm unable to process the PayPal payments.
    For both protection I want to enrole this transaction in the eBay Exchange Package system.
    This is a 100% safe method.

Transaction process:
    1. I'll send the package to you through eBay Exchange Package Service.
    2. eBay will inspect the package and will send you the notification with the payment details through email.
    Also you will receive and the UPS tracking number.
    With this you can verify the shipment status online.
    3. You will send the payment through MoneyGram on the eBay officer name. You can find a MoneyGram location in any bank.
    5. After you will send the money through MoneyGram you will reply with the notification received from eBay with the Reference Number and your complete name exactly how this appear on the MoneyGram receipt.
    6. eBay will approve the payment and will delivery you the package through UPS Express.
    7. After you will receive the package and you will inspect it you will inform eBay about that and they will release me the funds.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You will don't send any money until you will not receive the tracking number from UPS.
    Do not contact me if you aren't serious buyer or if you are interested in scamming methods as eChecks, etc.

If you agree with the terms then send me your complete name and address for shipping and I'll ship you it today.

Best regards!

I've heard nothing of this method and I don't deal with ebay......

It's just to good to be true !!!!!

No sucker here: Brady :D
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    If something smells fishy it proabably is.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • lowbonelowbone Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    There was a guy on ebay about a year ago trying to sell Canon 600mm lenses for $900. It was the same scam, payment by money gram. He said he had nine 600mm lenses. ebay kept taking the add off and he kept putting it on until they finally got rid of him. ebay has issued countless warnings to never pay by moneygram or western union.