Pansy Picking!

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited March 19, 2008 in Holy Macro
Her are various attempts at photographing a pansy flower. Brought it into the house as the wind stopped any outdoor attempts.

The top one has the lead flashing on the window refracted in the pool of rainwater that had settled in the centre of the flower hence the exposure is brighter compared to the others, as the others were taken with a white backdrop draped across the window to diffuse the light. All taken at various focal points with or wthout extension tubes added, plus each has been cropped to A4 (except the last of course).

Enjoy. Spring is deffo on its way.

pansy1namedframed.jpg

pansy3namedframed.jpg

pansy4namedframed.jpg

pansysquarenamedframed2.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Paul Iddon wrote:
    Her are various attempts at photographing a pansy flower. Brought it into the house as the wind stopped any outdoor attempts.

The top one has the lead flashing on the window refracted in the pool of rainwater that had settled in the centre of the flower hence the exposure is brighter compared to the others, as the others were taken with a white backdrop draped across the window to diffuse the light. All taken at various focal points with or wthout extension tubes added, plus each has been cropped to A4 (except the last of course).

Enjoy. Spring is deffo on its way.
    Paul.

Hi there Paul, I like the flowers but not the reflection.
    The last shot is probably the pick of the bunch,
    but I still don't like the reflection, gives the appearance that you used a RING FLASH through glass and it's reflected back into it.

The last shot seems to have the greatest amount of detail in the flower.
    I love how you approach your work Paul thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2008
    Lovely series- nice colour- a pin-eyed primrose rather than a pansy though :)
    Brian V.