~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Shannon...this is a great shot!!! I wish that I had subjects as photographic as you and your beautiful baby. Jeff did a wonderful job (As ALWAYS) capturing your beauty!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited March 15, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Aw, thanks Randy!!iloveyou.gifI am in the Boston area frequently :D

Just give me a shout and we could do some shots in some famous Boston areas :)...My office overlooks many of these locations including the harbor. My skills are "in progress", unlike Jeff's but with a subject like you hey even I can look like I know what I'm doing :). clap.gif

Hey take a look at an abstract that I put up here take a look and let me know what you think:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=87732
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    added another to op
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited March 15, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    added another to op

I LOVE #2!! Sexy and innocent at the same time...wow amazing how Jeff caputres your world!!!!!!! wings.gifwings.gifwings.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Tho we definitely set out to capture some great shots that day, this session was more of an experiment than anything for both of us. I had just got new portable strobes 2 days earlier so this was the first time I had set 'em up and tried 'em out. Next, (which is likely the case for most married professional women) Shannon has never sat for this type of portraiture before, and as you can likely guess, was a little apprehensive and nervous about it all. To top it off, she and I had just met face to face for the first time ever about 30 minutes before these photos were taken.

Looking at the shots I've completed thus far, I see mistakes I made, and a few things I'll do differently in future similar shoots, but overall I feel that it was a successful session that produced several beautiful and touching photos.

When doing this type of portraiture, my main goal is to create something very special, that evokes a deep emotional response from the viewer. As with any shots of this nature, I want to give her photos she will treasure forever. Max will only be a baby for a very short time. Tho the way I refer to my work may seem a bit idealistic and cheesy, I feel we did our best to document his special-ness, and capture the tender, loving relationship that their bond personifies.

I'm still a newbie at this stuff. As such, I am very grateful to Shannon for allowing me a unique and special peek into their life, and the opportunity to document their mom & baby relationship with my photography.
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com
    edited March 16, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    I LOVE #2!! Sexy and innocent at the same time...wow amazing how Jeff caputres your world!!!!!!! wings.gifwings.gifwings.gif
    Well thank you for the sexy comment, but I don't think that is what Jeff and I were going for in these photos. As Jeff pointed out, he was capturing the bond between mother and child and I'm glad that he has done that so well.

I was very apprehensive, but Jeff is a southern gentleman and has the utmost respect for women as women, mothers, and wives. He even has the respect of my husband, who was very leery about "some guy" taking pictures like that, so you know Jeff is a respectful guy!!
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited March 16, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Well thank you for the sexy comment, but I don't think that is what Jeff and I were going for in these photos. As Jeff pointed out, he was capturing the bond between mother and child and I'm glad that he has done that so well.

I was very apprehensive, but Jeff is a southern gentleman and has the utmost respect for women as women, mothers, and wives. He even has the respect of my husband, who was very leery about "some guy" taking pictures like that, so you know Jeff is a respectful guy!!

Being from the south originally as well and having very similar ways I can totally understand. The comment was more to point out the differences in the pictures where I think #1 defintely portrays the special bond between mother and child while, IMOP, #2 can be interpreted several ways, and one being as the innocence of a child and the multi-faceted ability of women to be many things at the smae time, like caring mother and very sexy all in the same moment. With just a glance at the shot, that's what I see and Jeff has captured it wonderfully. Laughing.gif, and I'm sure that most men would be a little leery about having some man taking pictures of his wife. eek7.gif ... Anyway, great shots as always.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited March 16, 2008
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Tho we definitely set out to capture some great shots that day, this session was more of an experiment than anything for both of us. I had just got new portable strobes 2 days earlier so this was the first time I had set 'em up and tried 'em out. Next, (which is likely the case for most married professional women) Shannon has never sat for this type of portraiture before, and as you can likely guess, was a little apprehensive and nervous about it all. To top it off, she and I had just met face to face for the first time ever about 30 minutes before these photos were taken.

Looking at the shots I've completed thus far, I see mistakes I made, and a few things I'll do differently in future similar shoots, but overall I feel that it was a successful session that produced several beautiful and touching photos.

When doing this type of portraiture, my main goal is to create something very special, that evokes a deep emotional response from the viewer. As with any shots of this nature, I want to give her photos she will treasure forever. Max will only be a baby for a very short time. Tho the way I refer to my work may seem a bit idealistic and cheesy, I feel we did our best to document his special-ness, and capture the tender, loving relationship that their bond personifies.

I'm still a newbie at this stuff. As such, I am very grateful to Shannon for allowing me a unique and special peek into their life, and the opportunity to document their mom & baby relationship with my photography.

Jeff you have done a terrific job and I think that Shannon and her family will treasure these moments you have captured for a very long time. This is only enhanced by the knowledge that you had just met face to face. thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited March 16, 2008
    Ah I understand how you see it now Randy thank you
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited March 16, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Ah I understand how you see it now Randy thank you

:D Yup...I only have a couple of min to post the original reply so I guess it does leave room for mis-interpretation.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Wow! #1 is just so wonderful and sweet! I love the (adorable!) baby's expression and your love is obvious. And I actually agree about #2 - That has so much to say about your love for your child, but also shows just how beautiful you are!

You should NOT be bashful in front of the camera! It definitely loves you...:D
    edited March 16, 2008
    Wow! #1 is just so wonderful and sweet! I love the (adorable!) baby's expression and your love is obvious. And I actually agree about #2 - That has so much to say about your love for your child, but also shows just how beautiful you are!

You should NOT be bashful in front of the camera! It definitely loves you...:D

Thanks Andi!! With all these nice compliments I might have to lose some weight and get in front of the camera instead of behind it so often mwink.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    These are excellent. Super sharpness, nice eyes, and great processing.
    thumb.gif
    edited March 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are excellent. Super sharpness, nice eyes, and great processing.
    thumb.gif

I love the way my eyes look in the second one. I've been told by many that I have nice eyes, but they are usually hidden behind glasses. (actually that's how my hubby picked me up rolleyes1.gif ) However these pictures are credit to Jeff's growing talent as an artist and photographer. I assure you I really don't look that good, he's got a miracle camera rolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job