Options

lightroom question

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited March 15, 2008 in Finishing School
i just got my lightroom and so far like it for its purposes. here is my question and i am sure it is an easy answer for those of you who know. anyway, after i edit a few/bunch of pictures is there a way to export them all to replace their originals? i know i can export one at a time which is easy, but what if i edit a bunch? how do i make lightroom export all of them?

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    mrfizzed wrote:
    i just got my lightroom and so far like it for its purposes. here is my question and i am sure it is an easy answer for those of you who know. anyway, after i edit a few/bunch of pictures is there a way to export them all to replace their originals? i know i can export one at a time which is easy, but what if i edit a bunch? how do i make lightroom export all of them?

Originals are never replaced, the new edits are used to build a copy of a rendered document (TIFF, JPEG) or from the original Raw data source. LR never touches the original data.

To export more than one file, select it in the filmstrip or Grid view, select the Export Preset you wish (based on how you want to export that data-size, color space, resolution etc).
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    mrfizzed wrote:

Why would you want to replace the originals? I suspect that's NOT what you want to do.

If you want to export a bunch of photos, just select them all in grid view and select "export..." from the file menu. Pick your settings and you're good to go.