Latest Project

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited March 17, 2008 in Sports
I have been playing around with putting the team poster together. Here is the latest incarnation. Still fixing the alignment issues.

wptd-poster-08.jpg
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    My first impresssion of it is...wow, that is really busy & does not excite me much.
    however if I look at it as a fan of the team, I think it is fine but would maybe like the players names under their head shot... unlesss the blue patch on their shirt is their name.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    I'm not really sure I like the team logo in the background. Since most of it is covered by the individual photos I think it is more of a distraction. Quite a feat though getting all those players and coaches lined up so neatly.

Stephanie
  • dbguydbguy Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    This is too much for me. not digging it. sorry ne_nau.gif
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    These are not so easy to do. I would make the team picture bigger, the individual shots smaller. Do not title the or caption on the player pics, its ok to make a boarder to fit it.
    And just when you tought you were done the crop factor comes into play, you go to print and some of the photo just goes not fit on the paper. I do a test frame with just the boarder, usually on the 20x30 size.
    Just dont give up you are on the right track, and after the work you do, yourll feel thumb.gif

90640822_ZBUzJ-L-1.jpg
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Thanks for the comments guys and the example Tat, I will head back to the drawing board and try again.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • frozenropefrozenrope Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    TassieD wrote:
    I have been playing around with putting the team poster together. Here is the latest incarnation. Still fixing the alignment issues.

wptd-poster-08.jpg

Some suggestions, just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

All the player and coachs' images need to be the same size. Some are wider than others and it messes with the alignment.

Give yourself more room on top and bottom for the text rather than over lapping them so much into the images.

Bigger Team photo in the middle.

Reduce the opacity of the team logo in a layer. Use the bold green color as a color layer and place the reduced opacity logo over the top. Not sure what the entire logo looks like but perhaps you can use a portion of it somewhat centered - still following the reduced opacity I mentioned.

Not fond of the font choice. Kind of cartoonish.
    Randy
    SHARPSHOOTER sports photography
    Canon Digital Gear
    Click here to Visit my website
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    frozenrope wrote:
    Some suggestions, just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

All the player and coachs' images need to be the same size. Some are wider than others and it messes with the alignment.

Give yourself more room on top and bottom for the text rather than over lapping them so much into the images.

Bigger Team photo in the middle.

Reduce the opacity of the team logo in a layer. Use the bold green color as a color layer and place the reduced opacity logo over the top. Not sure what the entire logo looks like but perhaps you can use a portion of it somewhat centered - still following the reduced opacity I mentioned.

Not fond of the font choice. Kind of cartoonish.

Thanks Randy,

I will have a play with the reduced opacity idea (and others) and get the background sorted. I agree with the font choice, I have requested the name of the font used in the logo so I can then match it.
    Cheers
    David Clifford