Keeping gallery style when gallery added to community??

GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
edited March 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have asked this before and been told that there is nothing that can be done, but here goes again.

When I have added specific galleries to one of the communities on smugmug, the gallery looses my chosen style, and changes to the style used by the community the gallery has been added to. I was told previously that this is not something that can be changed, but I have noticed that there are some galleries in the same community which have managed to keep their chosen styles. Here is one:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2758129_GNbJs#142750865

Why is this possible for some? I'd really like to keep my chosen style rather than be forced the default.:scratch

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Giphsub wrote:
    I have asked this before and been told that there is nothing that can be done, but here goes again.

When I have added specific galleries to one of the communities on smugmug, the gallery looses my chosen style, and changes to the style used by the community the gallery has been added to. I was told previously that this is not something that can be changed, but I have noticed that there are some galleries in the same community which have managed to keep their chosen styles. Here is one:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2758129_GNbJs#142750865

Why is this possible for some? I'd really like to keep my chosen style rather than be forced the default.headscratch.gif
    All you are seeing there is a theme. If the community owner has the settings at 'cobranding - no' The owner's cobranding won't be used on your gallery and you can use either 'appearance: SmugMug or community' in your galelry settings.

Try setting your gallery to 'communmity' to see how it looks, then try 'SmugMug' to see the differance.

You can use a theme if you like. In the gallery settings under 'community' select 'appearance - SmugMug'. The galleries selected them will be used.

And yes, I had to go to my own communmity to test this. So confusing :D
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    ah ha!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif It worked! Thanks so much for that simple answer Rich thumb.gifwings.gif