266513390_pcf6a-M.jpg

thanks for looking! :thumb
Nikon D50 brianhanley.com

Comments

• Options
    tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    very nice series, I think

the first one is a cool concept, but I'm not too keen on the two garbage cans in the background rolleyes1.gif I think I'm the only one that would fixate on that though.
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Very nice series. I really like #6 - it looks so relaxedl, like they are actually having fun...

A minor nit - 10, 11, 12 are a littl centered and I think you could crop a bit off the top of each an improve the composition quite a bit.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    Very nice shots. I think I fav is #6. thumb.gif Not sure about the blurines on #4, think it's a bit too much. (?) I also loved the last one with the pedals on the floor. Very nice!
  • Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    I like the b&w -- the light modeling on the curved architecutre and reflection on the floor nicely exposed. It puts the couple nearly in silhuette (sp?) but I like that.

Down near the bottom, the outside shot with the looming curved architecture is discomforting -- like they are about to be crushed (by all the responsibility they'll soon be facing?)

The several shots which look like on camera flash look a little subdued in their contrast -- try a little curve tweaking to add some life. Mybe next time cut back on the flash, ease down a couple stops so it is a more subtle fill rather than taking all the the shadowing out of their faces?

Posing and composition seem okay to me.

(In the future it would be a little easier to comment on individual shots if you numbered them when you posted them... )
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    billg71billg71 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    thumb.gif Just to add to what's been said already:

general impression: Too much photo, too little subject, except for #4(which could use a little less softening in the foreground, IMHO). Try applying an 8x10 crop to most of the verticals and see if you don't think it helps.

It's hard to look at the background when you're shooting but you can see the results in # 8(tree growing out of the bride-to-be's head) and # 10 (building on the left draws your eye away from the subject). In general, open up the aperture and get a little closer, it'll help throw the background out of focus. And be aware of what's behind the subject.

#'s 4,7,and 9 are my favorites, although 7 could use a little off the top and in #9 the hair across the face is a little distracting. I like the last one as well but I think it could use some straightening and crop a little off the left side to center the door opening in the frame.

All considered, exposure and focus is excellent but most could use a little tightening up with the crop tool and maybe some selective blurring/darkening to minimize the impact of the background.

But that's what Photoshop is for!

HTH,

Bill
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2008
    I think #11 is really nice. I'd crop a little off the top, though. I'd comment on a few more but it's hard to keep them straight when they're not numbered.
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    You did a wonderful job Brian. I love the proposal.:ivar
    LadyTX
  • Options
    sanford tullissanford tullis Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2008
    Good Job!thumb.gif I think #2 they look a little "stiff" but it looks like they loosened up after that. #3 is my fav
    Capture memories one image at a time